ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spent over 9 hours cleaning today..

im knackered..

washed the car
clayed (didnt really lift anything off!)
poorboys ssr2.5 to try and get rid of swirl marks.. this took absolutely ages
megs #80
vanilla moose hand glaze wax

then im going to seal it with EGP and give it a few coats of harlys wax.

swirl marks how it was:
IMG_0320.JPG

this half done using SSR2.5:
IMG_0319.JPG

hasnt got them all out, but took long enough and a definate improvement!

partly done
IMG_0323.JPG

finished (crap photos, low light and couldnt be arsed to get tripod out..)
IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

Jaybee_RT said:
Big improvment mate, you out in it tonight?

probably mate! might go give it a coat of EGP first though

been decent weather all day, might go out for a bit with roof off later if its not too cold. lol

lol.. as soon as i said that it just rained a lil bit and looks a bit black outside.

put it in garage and gave it a coat of egp.

106 GTi
Nice work. EGP is not one I would use over VM though, Needs an oil free base to bond to.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Contratulations it's clean:rolleyes:

Really though, looking pretty good, where do these swirl marks come from ???

It always seems to happen to me when you wash it in the heat, or let soap dry on it.

I must say I used to spend time washing my cars, but now I have seen the light and just give it a wipe down every week to get the mud off it. Other than that, it can goto hell :evil:

cliokhunt said:
Contratulations it's clean:rolleyes:

Really though, looking pretty good, where do these swirl marks come from ???

It always seems to happen to me when you wash it in the heat, or let soap dry on it.

I must say I used to spend time washing my cars, but now I have seen the light and just give it a wipe down every week to get the mud off it. Other than that, it can goto hell :evil:

swirl marks a microscopic scratches,

normally caused by particulate dirt on the car , when you clean or polish any dirt will leave scratches

swirls usually caused by people cleaning the car when its really mucky without a hose pipe i think and using sponges.

if my cars really mucky i will use the two bucket method and a hose pipe to keep everything as clean as possible.!

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Lovely Motor - and it's the Turbo :) Had a spin in a blokes at work a few weeks ago - man those beasts are quick! loved that Gear Change Light and the little wing mirrors that make it feel like a proper racing car.

LY V6 with Recaros
Worth it though, the swirl marks look alot better now from what I can see in the photo! :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Well worth the time spent.

People that say spending time cleaning is a waste of time will regret it when it comes to selling the car!!

yeah i washed it yesterday and all it needed was a quick going over with harlys wax and it looked sparkling.. went out in the rain lastnight....

and its still sparkling!

normally it would have been absolutely filthy..