ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spent the day cleaning (pic heavy!)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Got my puma last week (needed a car fast, didn't have a mountain of cash, and tesco car insraunce wont insure me on a 1*2, despite me being 25 in 3 weeks), it's in decent nick for its age but being flat red, it was swirled to buggery. Its the 1.7 one too, did the job properly.

So off we went, its going to take a few more polishes I think, it'll be a cumulative process, but it looks a lot better than it did before.

I'll be writing a review soon, or more a comparison between the 172 cup, williams, and puma (all of which I've owned).

I've already had all the 'No scissors or clippers are left in this vehicle overnight' comments at work so leave it out people ;).

Here's what I started with...
SDC10004.jpg

SDC10005.jpg

SDC10006.jpg

SDC10007.jpg

Clearly this wasn't going to be a quick job...

SDC10008.jpg

SDC10009.jpg

SDC10011b.jpg

^The whole damn car was covered in overspray, had to clay the whole bonnet and windscreen, it was like 300 grit sandpaper!

SDC10012.jpg

^Soaked the mats in shampoo and jet washed them

SDC10013.jpg

SDC10014.jpg

SDC10015.jpg

SDC10016.jpg

SDC10018.jpg

SDC10019.jpg

urgh!

SDC10021.jpg

SDC10022.jpg

SDC10023.jpg

SDC10027.jpg

SDC10028.jpg

After all that, here's what we ended up with...

SDC10029.jpg

SDC10030.jpg

SDC10032.jpg

SDC10033.jpg

SDC10034.jpg

Later in the week the wheels will be coming off so I can do those properly, plus a few other little bits a need to touch up.

Lewis.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I hope you sealed it with something to protect all your hard work! Could sell it on for £500 more than you paid for it now. lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Crazy way of cleaning it but the red looks great mate.

I used to have a Red one a few years back, was a fantastic drive. Gearbox is something that's still better than some brand new cars these days.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Puma's are absolutely awesome cars. Every time I drive one I grin. Amazing chassis and gearbox.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Looks like a good job. Nice results.

Did you 'Scratch X' the whole car?

sod that for a laugh, i scratch x'd my williams a few year back, as in, the whole car, and nearly died trying to get it all off again, sweet jesus its mad to get off. Just used the scratch x on a few sections that needed it. Really happy with the results. And yeah I really wasnt expecting them to be as good to drive as they are, the handling is unbelievable!! Very capable engine too, really useable power.

435D X-Drive
Lucky to get one with good rear arches most are terrible with rust,

Not a bad drive either, not the fastest car but handle reasonably well.

Mine is up for sale for £600 now Pacific Pearll Green 114K

What milage has yours got looks in great condition for the age

Adam

Golf GTI PP Mk7
It's on 77k at the mo, the arches are amazing, although those evidence that one has had a cheeky touch up at one point, but its hardly noticeable unless you're looking for it. Really pleased with the condition of it, drives super tight as well, its been very well looked after I'd say.

120d M Sport
Just stumbled on this after a search. Looks great, should consider picking up some Ford Racing KA wheels, would set it off a nicely.

I've been thinking of getting one of these lately. Used to have a MK5 ZS so kinda know how they feel!