ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spinners - shall I

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

whats everyones opinions on them?

looking at gettin some 18" spinners on my CTR when it comes. Prob is there dont seem to be many about for sale in the UK yet. anyone know where can get them apart from demon tweeks? any pics as well??

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Probably look cool in 24s on a Range Rover in California. Gonna look proper gay in 18s on a CTR down at Southend.

Err, dont do it. If nothing else I should imagine theyre a tw*t to keep clean.

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

yer could struggle gettin some 22s on thats the only problem!!

reckon chromed out spinners will look sweet on a silver car, its all about movin things forward....

at least ill be able to rap bout civic with its spinnin rims..... wiiiccckkkkeedddd

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by bigtommy on 05 April 2004
why would they look gay in southend?? some sort of spinners look gay thing there?

No, I just had to think of a town in the UK synonimous with cruising, so I came up with Southend!:)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

been discussed before the law on them is sketchy, as some people seem to think they are illegal, as the spinners can be seen as a huge danger, with sticking fingers in them while they are spinning and CHOP

some 1 on rtoc has contacted some head of the mot laws thing and he said they are 100% illegal...

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

sweet, thatll teach some pikey not to touch my wheels!!! may have to sharpen the edges just to make sure the cut is clean!

also be funny if police pull me over, tell them they aint dangerous, he puts his hand in to check...result= i get a bit of pork fillet and a few sausages for the bbq!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

theres a range in Derby with 20" spinners and looks like its in a gansta rap vid.

they spin fo about 5 mins after the car has stopped:cool:

Nike Lunar Elite's

The chrome will getted wrecked by all the salt and crap on the road in the summer. You have to remember that in LA, etc where they are popular they have great weather all year so dont have to worry

i recon theyd still look cool

apart from when you park it up some where youll come back and everyone will have been pissing about with them and spinning them!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Erm what about next year when spinners go out of "fashion" youve just spent thousands on some "cool" wheels only to find they arent and people are laughing....

Best bet is to get something individual, look around find something that you like. Not something that youve heard about from other people or max power.

For Example:

Lexus Lights