ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Split fuel line.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Crap picture attached

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 148
  Suzuki Ignis
Ducktape.

I repired a split coolant hose with it the other day.
Although I wouldnt do it with a fuel line tbh.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I know but I dunno what else I can do. I can't get a spare part as I can't drive the car :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Shirley a mate can drop you to get a part? You're having a bit of a s**t time with that lately! MOT fail, now this, bad things come in three's, so what next? :p

Suzuki Ignis
If theres no other way then just ducktape it, just wrap it really tight and put loads on and spread it over a good few inches from the split.

And only drive it to go pick up the part.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Where is it on the car, mate?

Under the car under the back of the drivers door. I duck taped it a little, found myself some plastic tube slightly smaller than the tube (snug)tie wrapped that around the area then wrapped 15 layers of duck tape around it. I then tie wrapped the end of the duck tape like the image attached.

Need to get it booked in somewhere asap. Anyone know how difficult it is to swap one of these? Here is a picture of my handy work. I daren't start it up

330i. E30 Touring.
You need not start it, just turn the key to prime the pump.

You'll soon know if it's leaking!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It's leaking like f**k :( any one advise on how to change it?

Jack failed on me and axel stand slipped from underneath.

Car fell forward and hit a wall and mashed my fuel line up. Fail. :(

Clio
I don't recommend this but a friend of mine had a fuel leak from a pipe and as it was during a rally, he jumped into some random person’s garden, cut about 150mm off the end of their garden hose pipe and reattached the hose pipe to the sprinkler head. He then proceeded to cut the fuel pipe in half, slide one end of the fuel pipe all the way through the hose pipe, held the other end of the fuel pipe to the join and slide the hose pipe back along the fuel pipe half way so the cut was half way along the inside of the hose pipe. Secured with 2 jubilee clips either side of the cut in the fuel pipe.

Now as said before I wouldn’t advise this but in that situation the hose pipe was just the right size to fit snugly over the fuel pipe and be fuel tight. A quick change in service saw a proper repair done before a suspected tip off lead the safety marshals to do a "random" service check.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
How hard is it to replace the fuel line? It splits in half at the cat so
Only need to know how to take it off/ put it on the fuel tank. It's the green line

Would the window washer t piece fit? Im sure there are links in the water pipes for the washer and xenon washers etc.

Could remove it and bodge it on so you could get somewhere?

If they even have one cant remember :eek:

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Is it a rubber pipe? Can't see the pics, cut the bad bit out, whack some small diameter copper tube inside and jubilee clip the mother.

Megane dci 130
There plastic. I cant really see a way to "bodge" this safely. See if the part can be deliverd maybe?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Going to cliospares tomorrow with a mate. Josh has sorted me out with one. Anyone know how to swap em round? iv got a rough idea :)

Qashcow
you and fecking zip ties, you should be banned from using them ;)

hope you can get it sorted easily enough tomorrow mate x

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
should hav eused Ghetto electrical tape! Fixes Everything*

*Ghetto Fix failed this morning :(

Clio 182
tape wont work as petrol will disolve the glue. find a piece of metal tube and cut the damaged line out, then put the metal tube in the middle with 2 pipe clips. its a very simple fix.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
lol, you might as well, changing the suspension didn't quite go to plan...

Hope you get this fixed though!

www.renparts.co.uk
Its dead straightforward, ill explain when you collect, but basically undo it from the sender and there is just enough space to fit it down the side of the tank, then just clip it on to the holders that run down the floor pan and clip the joint together at the bottom of the bulkhead.

www.renparts.co.uk
no problem, dont forget your coming to my house, its in the back of the van. Just give me a ring when your setting off.