ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

splitters...

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
I don't want to sound like ana bsolute goon, u can call me that if you want...but what is a splitter, and cn i see a picture, someone suggested i get one for my mk2 ph1 clio...

you dont learn without asking. its the little black rim along the bottom of the front bumper.

SDC10294e.jpg

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
cheers guys, i think i have one on mine, but nto totally, sure...would you advise getting a new one? and yeh Keano, your car is just amazing, wouldn't mind that tbh!

There are a range of other spliters that fit for example; the laguna or megane will fit.

or as ed said the Leon CupraR splitter haha

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
so am i right in sayign the splitter is the bit i have highlighted on the picture uploaded?
splitter.jpg

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
scrapyards are best place to buy cheap ones.
look out for megane, laguna ones. or old clio ones.
£5 my meg one

182 has now gone!
C/F? do you feel it makes a difference to the driving?

Carbon Fibre look... Not sure if it makes a difference or not. The car didnt have one when I bought it, thats the main reason why I got one. I like the look of them, kind of finish the car off,

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
Carbon Fibre look... Not sure if it makes a difference or not. The car didnt have one when I bought it, thats the main reason why I got one. I like the look of them, kind of finish the car off,
thanks, how much did you pay for yours?and where from?

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
tbf mate, on a clio a little splitter is only there for the looks.
its not gonna provide any noticable downforce at all.
if your just doin little mods to your car go after a cheap splitter, scrapyards, ebay..or off that lad ^^

unless your thinking showcar / minter. i wouldnt bother with a CF or cup splitter. no point spending that much.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I aint gonna comment on the Cupra splitters, but I think Ed probably remembers my view on them. :)

If you want a cheap splitter that looks almost the same as a Cup splitter then get the thin Mégane splitter from a scrappy. It's not garish but it finishes off the front of the car nicely. Alternatively there's the Peugeot splitter for a bit more cash, or the K-tec and Cup splitters for upwards of £100.

Mk2 Phs1 Grande 1.2 8Vlv
I aint gonna comment on the Cupra splitters, but I think Ed probably remembers my view on them. :)

If you want a cheap splitter that looks almost the same as a Cup splitter then get the thin Mégane splitter from a scrappy. It's not garish but it finishes off the front of the car nicely. Alternatively there's the Peugeot splitter for a bit more cash, or the K-tec and Cup splitters for upwards of £100.

i am guessing you don't like them then!haha
i think i'm gonna head down to a scrappy and see what they have, there could be a lot there.