ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splitters...

Monaco 172
Skoda splitter or ktecs?
Which is generally preferred. I like the look of the ktec one but is it worth the cost.

Nissan 350z
Re: Slitters...

Lol @ thread title "slitters". I'm now disappointed at the content here.

banther

ClioSport Club Member

Just go for the Skoda one mate.

No point lining the pockets of KTEC for you to smash it going over a kerb / speed bump / running over a caterpillar.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

Skoda is about £15 new its looks alright too

Agreed, think it's fairly decent for the price. Paid £13 over in Leeds the other day and really happy with it.

14585575715_0a3f67b6fd_z.jpg
DSCN2257 by dann2707, on Flickr

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Carbon fibre looks the best but I don't think there's one person who hasn't cracked theirs... me included! :(

No sane person would go for anything other than the Skoda tbh, you can buy 10 Skoda splitters (which I've never even seen break so why would you need to) for the cost of a fragile plastic/carbon fibre splitter.

Mine has cracked (k-tec) and the lacquer has come off now. Shower of s**t and waste of money.

Megs tyre gel makes it look fresh again though;)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

@ dann2702 Where abouts in Leeds did you get this from dude? Not got my 1*2 but already buying bits for it!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Any idea how to fit these? (skoda splitter)
Self tappers and cut off excess on both sides. Piece of piss. Just make sure its dead centre of the bumper so it looks right. Its quite flexible, so y ou can put as many self tappers in as you want.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've a Skoda one for sale for a tenner inc P&P if anyone is interested?

I bought one thinking mine OEM was knackered, but managed to get it repaired. The box has been opened, but that been about it.

D.

Black 182 FF
I paid £111 when I first got mine in 2008 for a genuine new Renault splitter, had it on about 18 months when one morning I got a bit too close to the kerb at work and it shattered in two places. Got a Skoda one after that, maybe doesn't look quite as good close up and mine is a bit scuffed now, but it's been on since then (around four years) and because it's flexible even if they were the same price I'd buy the Skoda one.

M2 Comp
Mine has cracked (k-tec) and the lacquer has come off now. Shower of s**t and waste of money.

Megs tyre gel makes it look fresh again though;)

In case you didn't know, if you flat it back with some wet & dry and then re-lacquer it, it will look like new :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I had a skoda splitter and thought it was decent but as i got a carbon one rather cheap i then swapped over.

Splitter06.jpg

I've a Skoda one for sale for a tenner inc P&P if anyone is interested?

I bought one thinking mine OEM was knackered, but managed to get it repaired. The box has been opened, but that been about it.

D.

I'll have it mate if you've still got? Could even pick up if you still work in Bburn?

Need to remove the half of my original renault one that's left first though I suppose lol

M2 Comp
Off topic, but @MarcR, how do you get access to all the Renault parts/prices? Is it something through work or can anybody get access?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Off topic, but @MarcR, how do you get access to all the Renault parts/prices? Is it something through work or can anybody get access?

I have access to a renault parts system online with user name and password.
I was given this by a friend and its a good system for part numbers and prices.

Its not something that I will give out as i can not change the username or password on it to protect it so if i handed it out every man and there dog would have it.

He's a renault pervert

You better believe it.

3000GT & RB 182
I need one of those splitters as well.

I've got a skoda dealer nearby, do i just ask for a fabia front splitter then ?

And how are these attached to the car ?

3000GT & RB 182
I need one of those splitters as well.

I've got a skoda dealer nearby, do i just ask for a fabia front splitter then ?

Just rang my local Skoda dealer but he said he needed to know "what year Fabia" the splitter needs to be off, as the fabia has been made for several years. Anyone knows ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just rang my local Skoda dealer but he said he needed to know "what year Fabia" the splitter needs to be off, as the fabia has been made for several years. Anyone knows ?

Part Number - 5J0 807 061 9B9

photo2-1.gif

photo4-1.gif