ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spluttering/Hesitation - Possible Misfire?

180.5 bhp 172
Hi Guys,

Basically, I washed my car on Saturday, paying the usual attention not to get water straight into the grill etc, and didnt drive it all day after that.

On Sunday I went out and the car is spluttering and feels hesitant. Pulling away the revs splutter and also cruising between 0-80mph it does the same - just a constant hesitant splutter.

Not getting any lights on the dash.

I'll try and upload a video to youtube shortly to show you what it sounds like a various revs.

Any ideas?

180.5 bhp 172
Everything is as it was before - nothing changed.
No water in the engine bay. Checked everywhere.

Video is uploading to youtube now...

180.5 bhp 172
Sorry about the sound...You can hear how it is spluttering and has uneven revs...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio sport 172 cup
With no lights on u will struggle to find the issue really needs to go on clip to check all your parameters to try and pinpoint what it is,definetely sounds like a misfire just hold ur revs at like 1500rpm that's when u will hear it,or just check ur ht leads and see if u get a distinct engine tone change when removed/reconnected,u washing the car is probs just a coincidence

180.5 bhp 172
Thanks for the response!

In that video, other than when I was revving, I was holding it between 1500rpm and 3000rpm.

I'll try the leads in the morning.

Is it safe to drive to work and back with a misfire? Or am I risking it going pop?