ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport coilovers on non-sport clio ???

Clio 1.6 K4M
well i'm looking for a coilover set for my clio 1.6. i need the best track performance set that i can afford.

ATM i've been looking for the FK silverline X and the KW Variant 2.
they have similar specs but i think they are more for dayli than track.

now i'm being ofered with some great LEDA coilovers but they are mounted on a clio 172.
what are the difference between the sport and the non-sport suspension mounts??

i know the bottom hole spacing is diferent but if i use a sport brake mount it should be fine. is there a difference on the top mounts?? or in the back susp?

regards..

no difference with back...........fronts you will need the hubs etc from a sport to make them fit to get the correct spacing..........although im not sure about the setup of them because obviosuly they are made for the weight of a 2 litre engine, not a 1.6

172.........54mm bolt spacing........1.2/1.4/1.6 52mm or 58mm....IIRC......well for ph2's anyway......unless his have been drilled or used diff bolts

ValverInBits
take the plunge and go for it. Worry about making them fit later. That's half the fun.

Should i mention that im pissed?

Clio 1.6 K4M
take the plunge and go for it. Worry about making them fit later. That's half the fun.

Should i mention that im pissed?

jaja, sorry but don't have lot's of money so i must take the best choice ...
mmm so the "only" diference is the bottom mount. i will search for sport hubs. any idea if this are the same as other renault models?? here in Chile are just a few of sport clios..
the coilovers are very good fully adjustable etc.. and the price is quite convinient :p..
about the wheight issue, i'm going to install a turbo kit. this add some kg's to the front :p..

regards..

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
if you are having sport hubs your drive shafts wont fit in sport shafts are thicker . so u mite be aswell to stick some sport wishbones and brakes on while your at it . gives you a wider track aswell .

Clio 1.6 K4M
Why not just buy a 172?

because:
1.- i want a good TD car and a standar 172 clio is a dayli car.
2.- a 172 with mods is a lot more expensive than a 1.6 with mods.
3.- i live in Chile and know almoust every 172 here. there are just a few and the owners don't sell them.
4.- what's the fun with a 172, every one know is a great car, but a 1.6 that runs faster than a 172 is greatter :p (sleeper)
5.- this is my first car and i'm in love with it :p..

i know the 172 is superb, but upgrading to one it's not an option. :)

regards.

M2 Competition
You can get the holes drilled out/ elongated so that they'll fit.

Its a job for someone that knows what theyre doing but is only a few mm difference between most fittings.

Bear in mind spring rates etc will be different as your 1.6 will at a guess be lighter than a 172.