ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportlines On.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Fitted my Sportlines on Wednesday.

Before on Apex.
11.jpg

After.
DSC01863.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

Apex are good for cheap "lows" but it drives so much better (IMO) on Sportlines, I've done 10k on the Apex now and I think the next 10k are going to be much more comfortable.

I cant tell the difference between the sportlines and standard suspension tbh. Apex's were spot on height imo, but im sure you'll be much happier with the handling and comfort from the sporlines.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I cant tell the difference between the sportlines and standard suspension tbh. Apex's were spot on height imo, but im sure you'll be much happier with the handling and comfort from the sporlines.

Yeh it handles and drives so much better on Sportlines.

This is my old Monaco on Sportlines, these had done about 10k, I think they settle a bit.

7.jpg

2-2.jpg

Evo 8 MR
You'd have to throw a spare wheel in the back to make it look the same as the monaco.

How the hell have you done 10k miles already btw!?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
You'd have to throw a spare wheel in the back to make it look the same as the monaco.

How the hell have you done 10k miles already btw!?

I have bought another set of Turini's as I've managed to buckle one of mine in a pot hole so I will end up with a spare in the boot.

Changed jobs in Jan and I now do 60 miles a day in it, so I've done 10k in the last 6 months. Was tempted to sell up and get a diesel, but I'm going to stick with the Cup.

Megane 225 F1
Apex looks better but I would have sportlines every time due to the better handling. If I wanted looks, I would go for coilovers....which I will soon ;)

Evo 8 MR
I have bought another set of Turini's as I've managed to buckle one of mine in a pot hole so I will end up with a spare in the boot.

Changed jobs in Jan and I now do 60 miles a day in it, so I've done 10k in the last 6 months. Was tempted to sell up and get a diesel, but I'm going to stick with the Cup.

Don't sell up, just buy a cheap boggo spec diesel barge for the commute. That's what I would do in the same situation.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Don't sell up, just buy a cheap boggo spec diesel barge for the commute. That's what I would do in the same situation.

I'm just going to use the Cup, it's getting 40 to the gallon. It has crossed my mind but I think running two cars would cost a fair bit more money than just using the Clio.

rstuned 182ff bg
Yeh it handles and drives so much better on Sportlines.

This is my old Monaco on Sportlines, these had done about 10k, I think they settle a bit.

7.jpg

2-2.jpg
looks really nice this monaco, i love monaco's, and this with the silver turinni,s looks so tidy
iv just fitted sportlines to my bg 182ff today,and i love them the 182 feels even more gokart ish
and i hope they settle and give it the look of this monaco's stance,
and iv got a spare in the boot

Monaco Blue Clio 172
That Monaco looks familiar...........I ve got one that looks exactly like that! lol ;)

Shes just had a new engine, cambelt, aux belt, front and rear disks :( While doing that though also found broken rear spring and leaking rear shocks so it will be getting new dampers and springs all round next week. Will definatly be putting another set of Eibach's on again though!!!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
That Monaco looks familiar...........I ve got one that looks exactly like that! lol ;)

Shes just had a new engine, cambelt, aux belt, front and rear disks :( While doing that though also found broken rear spring and leaking rear shocks so it will be getting new dampers and springs all round next week. Will definatly be putting another set of Eibach's on again though!!!

A new engine? What happened to it?

Monaco Blue Clio 172
Developed a massive miss fire so I did a compression test and had lost a cylinder. Will rebuild it eventually with a T3 bolted on for good measure but it was just quicker to fire in a 36000 mile engine in for now. Deffinatly alot quicker with the new lump!!!

After several random corners where my car decided to skip across the road I did the same swap from apex to sportlines. Never looking back.

Good choice. Car looks tops too

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looked lovely yesterday mate! And all the other days I see her haha

Cheers. We'll have to get some pictures of them both, I bet there are some decent spots around where I work.

Developed a massive miss fire so I did a compression test and had lost a cylinder. Will rebuild it eventually with a T3 bolted on for good measure but it was just quicker to fire in a 36000 mile engine in for now. Deffinatly alot quicker with the new lump!!!

Well atleast you are able to do all the work yourself, can I buy it back when you fit a T3?

After several random corners where my car decided to skip across the road I did the same swap from apex to sportlines. Never looking back.

Good choice. Car looks tops too

Yeh the Apex are good for looks, but that is about it.

Fiesta ST-3
Yes mate, definitely! I'll be popping off to uni odd days between now and a week on monday, after that I'll be around so if you fancy a few after work one night just gimme a PM on here or something :)