ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportlines

Clio 182FF
I know the Sportlines dont give a great drop when fitted but i hear they dont compromise the handling from standard, if anything they make it better. My question is as my 182 doesnt have the cup pack suspension will the Sportlines lower it just as much as those that do have the cup pack?

Guy i know is selling his Sportlines and he had them in his 182 which had the cup suspension pack will they fit mine ok?

Thanks,

Craig

They should lower it a noticable amount, I just fitted some onto a car with 16" wheels and it looked spot on imo. They'll definnitely improve the handling though by being a bit stiffer.

The Prolines give about the same drop as the Cup Packs.

The Sportlines will drop you a further 10mm or so... but bear in mind that Eibach springs aren't about looks, they're purely performance based. Yes, they'll fit your car fine.

Monaco 172 (02)
They should lower it a noticable amount, I just fitted some onto a car with 16" wheels and it looked spot on imo. They'll definnitely improve the handling though by being a bit stiffer.

Do you have any pics of the before / after drop by any chance?!

I have Apex, love the drop HATE the ride!

They'll be quite a bit higher than your Apex springs... but they're MUCH better as the Sportlines are progressive springs. They're an improvement on the 182 cup springs.

Do you have any pics of the before / after drop by any chance?!

I have Apex, love the drop HATE the ride!
Mine is on 17" wheels;

Before (ridiculous tbh):
CIMG2100.jpg

After:
167.jpg

Porsche Boxster987S
on sportlines. They stiffen up the suspension.

S1050457.jpg

photobucket not working for me :(

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Sorry what is a 'progressive' spring.
Mine doesnt progress anywhere, rock f*king solid!

i think it been the coils are tighter togethter at one end of the spring, which gives you a firmer ride through cornders and at speed but normal ride over slower bumps.

Clio 182 with cup kits
So they will fit ok then and lower just as much as they would on cup pack suspension?

Yes, they will end up just the same. What ever springs you had in the first place (cup or non cup) if you remove them and replace with a set given spring (in this case Eibach Sportlines) then they'll end up the same height, governed by the replacement spring length. It's just that the Sportlines will lhave lowered the non cup more than a cup version because the cup version was 10mm lower in the first place. Hope that makes sense?:S