ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportscar Raceday - Castle Combe

Just when I think I'm getting a bit bored, along comes the always brilliant Aston Martin Owners Club and the events that sit with them...and then we have the best (and clean!) Saloon Car Race I have seen in a long long time. Then to top it off, I find a new angle at the end of the day that I've fallen in love with.

The last time I use my current lens set-up so wanted to give it a good send off, all change in the next week or so.

Porsche Club Championship ready to go
358872301_3VD7W-L.jpg

Porsche Club Championship...going
358905137_pBGxL-L.jpg

How fast?! Awesome drive today
358876540_vp8wD-L.jpg

Aston Martin N24 Vantage
358917856_qVggS-L.jpg

The car parks were stunning
358871781_723gx-L.jpg

Ferrari Formula Classic
358887118_dBcrG-L.jpg

Yellow cars = easy to photograph
358875588_ACLc9-L.jpg

Saloon winners
358902350_EVz8r-L.jpg

Bit of camber
358905808_zyVJ9-L.jpg

Finally brightens up towards the end of the day
358908211_qYFWo-L.jpg

Oooops
358908883_ZFb2h-L.jpg

2 wheeler pt.1
358877321_grcZo-L.jpg

2 wheeler pt.2
358897365_xxzxc-L.jpg

Aston Martin Championship
358921885_wgmbD-L.jpg

Aston Martin Championship
358921013_KFmt7-L.jpg

Plenty more here...

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/5795119_Ww828

E30 318iS x2
Great pics once again.

After Ben fell off had some free time to actauly watch some racing, saw a few prangs at Camp and Quary. May see you oneday Chris.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Nice set Chris, love this one

358917856_qVggS-L.jpg

And liking the mono one's

358921885_wgmbD-L.jpg

This one in particularly could genuinely be passed off as having been taken 50 years ago!

Nice set Chris, love this one

358917856_qVggS-L.jpg

I could have led there all day, thought my photos might get a bit samey though! Was thrilled to find that angle, can't think of anywhere else at the circuits I've been to where you have a completely clear line of sight at track surface level.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I could have led there all day, thought my photos might get a bit samey though! Was thrilled to find that angle, can't think of anywhere else at the circuits I've been to where you have a completely clear line of sight at track surface level.

It does seem pretty unusual, without the aid of a media pass, to get such a cracking level view of the track. Sounds like one of those occasions where you need 2 days at the event, so you can spend one day in that perfect spot and the other day round the rest of the circuit!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The 2 wheeled pics, you've finally caught why Avon Rise is such a buttock clencher...the track is trying to do that to your car while you're trying to brake down from 115mph whilst turning at the same time to get lined up for Quarry.

FFS, they should level it out a bit.

FF Blackgold 182
Mint pics as always Chris. :approve: Love the shot of that Aston from the newly found angle! Where abouts was it taken? (I understand if you don't want to give any trade secrets away, lol ;) ) Would be great if you can get shots of some of the CS lot at Eurofest from that particular spot, :cool: that's if you are going of course.

yellow Vantage looks mean but seemed completely outpaced by a lot of the rest of the field

got any shots of the Radicals? don't spectate at Coombe much and Monday was the first time i'd sat down to watch a Radical race - jeez, they're quick! (1.05ish?? i thought the outright record was only just under 1.00!) - the speed the lead car was taking over Avon Rise and into Quarry was dizzying

Steve: 'New' angle is just looking back up from Old Paddock, shoot from there quite a bit but finally realised if I led down you could shoot through the gate and have a perfect track level shot.

Henry: Don't seem to end up with very many decent Radical shots, usually shoot the more saloon looking things during the GT race (Exige, Cosworth etc)

And yep, will be at Eurofest, will certainly get some shots from that angle, as long as people use the width of the track and clip the rumble strips they should look pretty good. Got a new lens that I will be using for the first time as well, can't wait.

FF Blackgold 182
Steve: 'New' angle is just looking back up from Old Paddock, shoot from there quite a bit but finally realised if I led down you could shoot through the gate and have a perfect track level shot.

Henry: Don't seem to end up with very many decent Radical shots, usually shoot the more saloon looking things during the GT race (Exige, Cosworth etc)

And yep, will be at Eurofest, will certainly get some shots from that angle, as long as people use the width of the track and clip the rumble strips they should look pretty good. Got a new lens that I will be using for the first time as well, can't wait.

Cool. Did wonder whether it was taken from there. My lens isn't really long enough tbh and i don't use it a lot anyway, so may get rid and put it towards a decent wide angle. Will see u at Eurofest then Chris. I'm not on the CS stand, but I'll be there anyway. Got Trax on the sunday too, gonna be a good one.