ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spotting A dud

Recaro + Cupped 182
Hello,

Im off to testdrive an 05 plate 182 with 9k at an independent dealer. It was pre-reged by renault and has one owner since then. Im worried that it may have been a demo car. is there anything i should look/listen/feel for to tell if its been hammered?
Also if driven sensibly, how long do the tyres last?

Cheers!

Focus ST
Wouldn't worry too much about it having been a demo car, mate - doesn't automatically make it a dud! The cars that have been driven hard from the outset are often the quick ones!

Megane225FF
listen for knocking in 1st gear = engine mounts
condensation from the exhaust when booting it is normal
around 4k rpm you sometimes get a rattle from the exhaust
put the lights on, then wash the windscreen, the headlight washer's ususally pop out when you're doing this.. good fun.

Recaro + Cupped 182
lol, i didnt know it had headlamp washers! cant wait to give it a go, it certainly looks the tits im sure it will be awsome, i might be 9800 worse off by 1o'clock this afternoon!

Recaro + Cupped 182
Now the corsas gone, im driving mummys 206, which is quite unpleastent, so looking forward to getting my own car again!

Recaro + Cupped 182
Black gold with dark grey stipes, not sure about these but im sure the colour hasnt faded yet so could probly get away with bpeeling them off.

liquidized RacingBlue 182
dark grey racing stripes? i wooodnt mind a black/gold 182, some of the pics ive seen on here are the nuts!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Brooko said:
£9800 but not from renault, with all cup options

If it's a UK car, not a bad price.

A couple of recaro'd 182's at present that you could get for your budget.......
Titanium, Artic blue!!!!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
2005 RENAULT CLIO 2.0 16V Renaultsport 182 3dr
15,000 miles, Metallic Arctic Blue, Upgrade Cup Suspension and Spoiler Pack, rare Recaro sport seats, cd Player, Alarm, Anthracite Alloy Wheels, Cruise Control, Climate Control, ESP, ABS, E/W, E/M, Automatic Xenon Headlights, Auto Wipers, Multifuntion Onboard Computer. Renault Warranty, FRSH, 10 months tax, 1 Owner From New, Non Smoker, Bracknell area. £10,500. o.n.o. £10,500. onoTelephone

You may even get, dare i say it????

A Trophy!!!

Recaro + Cupped 182
g40steve said:
If it's a UK car, not a bad price.

A couple of recaro'd 182's at present that you could get for your budget.......
Titanium, Artic blue!!!!

This ones recaro'd, which i was quite surprised about, i think its cheapish because im guna be the third owner.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Brooko said:
This ones recaro'd, which i was quite surprised about, i think its cheapish because im guna be the third owner.

Make sure they are Recaro's as alot of traders say recaro, when all they mean is standard leather seats.............Beware!!!!

Recaro + Cupped 182
Yeah, it had proper recaros in it, not sure if i liked them or not to be honest, could feel a mild pain in my back if i left my hand on the gearstick to long, looked nice though and went like hell, id forgotten how much like a rally car they sound like inside!