ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying helpi

172 cup
I have been spraying my bullets and all was going well. However I put a second coat of lacquer on them and have notices some of the lacquer had dried cloudy.

Any idea why it's done this? And what can I do about it?

Cheers

clio 172 cup
IIRC can be caused my couple things coats have been applied to thick or havent allowed enough drying time between coats or moisture has got on it during painting process or it was to cold when you were painting the bullets i always go over the object with hairdryer and put the tins in some luke warm water before hand.
Best thing to do would allow it to dry until tomorrow see if its cleared if not sand back with some wet and dry apply layer of colour then re lacquer

172 cup
Main problem is I have applied decals to the bullets. And while the area isn't over the decals, it would make rubbing the lacquer off and adding colour pretty impossible. Could I either rub the area down with 2000-3000 grit a little then spray another coat of lacquer?

i do also have some magquire 105 or S17, could I rub it down lightly using one of these instead?

clio 172 cup
unfortunatly youll have to bite the bullet and remove them if want to do it properly, you could by all means try it but seems alot of faffing about for it to go wrong again

i think as youve said try and light sand and re-lacquer if it comes back then its up to you what to do