ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spraying prices??!?

1.2 16v
hi, i have a 172 rear bumper in artic silver that is going on my silver non sport so will need to be resprayed to mathch mine,

im taking it to a spray guy tomorrow, how much u rekon hee charge,

also he told me 80 quid for spraying a pair of my side skirts,

however, i am doing my bumpstrips myself and wondered if it is too big a job to do either side skirts or bumper myself to save money??

all comments welcome, thanks!

it depends on your ability if you do it yourself, only you know that.

i would say around £120-£150 to spray a bumper

Punto/Clio GTT
side skirts do yourself as tbh, as long as the colour is right, the finish isnt essential being so low down.

get the bumper done properly.

1.2 16v
ye, i will probably do the skirts myself as it will cost like 15-20 max and he quoted me 80 for them and said "ill put em on for u if you like, for £40" the little conman!

O4 Dynamique
rod dont take ur skirts to that guy although he will prob do a good job £80 is stupid.
Just take your time, dont rush it, and make sure u prep it correctly.
I will help all i can mate.

1.2 16v
hahahahahaha, glad to have you on the team James, welcome aboard, lol. ill see what he quotes me for the bumper tomorrow, anything over £120 and i will be looking for other quotes, spraying jobs seem expensive though in S. Wales, any people know of cheap places around S. wales or near there?? cheers

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
When i reversed in to some fat bloke i had to change bumper,get it resprayed and the boot,and get a dent taken out. That cost me £150 by my brother in law,hes a professional sprayer. Did a perfect job,and hes just started up his own spray shop in tring.

172 cup
Roders990, you could try that little garage in the forest of Dean i used. For £200 i had front and back bumpers, door handles, side strips, de-badged and smoothed, and my front splitter re-attached. He did an exellent job and is a nice bloke, but the garage looks like its from the texas chainsaw massacre

?
DawnC, I live near tring and would like some spray work done. Can you get in touch with your brother for me please?

1.2 16v
i have taken my bumper to that guy and he said £70 for the back bumper which i thought was fine, i then bought some paint from halfords to tackle my side skirts, however;

does anyone know which adhesives or techniques to put them on as they came with no screws or rivetts? thanks

ITB BG 182
Ive just had my rear bumper re-sprayd for 80 notes an hes done a spot on job also he did the little black rub strip which looks better an next week he'll be re-furbing all 4 alloys at £30 a piece - it sounds cheap but thats mates rates for ya