ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spring has broken!!!

Unfortunately, I don't mean daffodils are growing and the trees are flowering, but I had my 24000 mile service on my 182, and was told that one of my rear springs was broken. They don't have the part in stock, so could take a week to get one in!!!!

They said it would be covered under warranty, but, and this might seem like a really stupid question, what does the spring actually do?? Would it being broken put extra stress on the rear shocker, and if so, should I go for a new shocker as well under warranty??

Lionel Richie
na shock will be fine, the ends just snp off, fairly common
IMG_1002.jpg

(make sure they order the correct spring for your car ie cup pack or non cup pack)

Lionel Richie
na, the suspension if ok (apart from snapping springs and failing shocks, rear shocks are VERY common to fail on RS clios)

but hey, you bought a renault, its par for the course ;)

Lots of Alfas
FredYozzasport said:
na shock will be fine, the ends just snp off, fairly common
IMG_1002.jpg

(make sure they order the correct spring for your car ie cup pack or non cup pack)

I found the exact same on my Clio after 78,000 miles, a good excuse to put some -40mm apex springs on. :approve:

Civic type S GT-T
Just had my MOT today and it failed bacause the rear o/s spring had snapped! Thought they were having a laugh. Unfortunately mines just out of warranty so looks like theres another couple of quid into the car.