ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring rates - Fast road and track days

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking to upgrade my Koni + Cooksport combo. Its a brilliant all round setup so I'm a very wary of replacing them and then not like the ride on the road.

I could do with some height adjustment now as I've taken a lot of weight out of the front of the car so it sits quite high.

If I was to look at springs rates what would be suitable? Gaz and Spax have for example 330-340 front and 230-260 on the rear.

If anyone has this setup on a stripped out or semi stripped car, how does this feel on the road? And what's it like on track? Would different springs rates be better?
Chip-mk1 Chip I know you have Gaz on the Ph1, how do they feel compared to the Cooksports on the RB?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
To me they felt quite comparable (although not on AST on the Ph1 and KW on the 182) but I never tried them on the same car for a real comparison as there are other differences between the two cars.

Clio 172 phase 1
As an opinion I have the spax Rsx kit and rate it great I've had no problems I've got the inbound spring on the rear because I was too tight to buy the others ... It gives me the height I want I like it reasonably low. And I have the stiffness set to 15 front and 17 rear and it's bumpy on the road but not harsh... As for spring stiffness I do get some body roll but in all honesty I can feel it's all in the tyre wall ... There a good kit for all round use couldn't be happier with them for the £550 I payed