ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squabble to get valver back from Insuranc

Not sure if anybody recalls

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=35903&PagePosition=14http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=35903&PagePosition=14

But am finally getting this sorted, thought I would ask advise of you all about prices. Insurance offer now up to £2800 and I can buy car back for 18% which is £504. Is £2800 acceptable for M plate valver with 87k miles on her, well looked after, especially mechanically.

Which will after leave me about £2000 and a very lightly damaged valver (see pics in above post), any suggestions, think head gasket is gone so maybe a ported head and set of cams with rechip. Or should I just try and locate a 2ltr and do something with that. Am totally unsure of which direction to go in, I could always just fix gasket and bodywork for about £500, have car back the way it was, and pocket the £1500. Any suggestions

Seems to sound roughly right - but ask for a bit more anyway as they always try to screw you over!

I think Id buy it back - new front wing £36 (as you said), spraying not much, may be able to pull the dent out of the rear. If you cant, then it gets expensive as I think its around a grand to remove, refit and spray a new rear wing. (Theyre about £350 just got the part.) Could always just leave it - not that noticeable on a white car. ?

Fix it, keep the 1.5k as rainy day money then add to it and blow it on a 2.0 conversion when you can afford the whole lot!

thats about what im trying to get back from my insurance company. Mines done 20K less milage than yours as well so yep its a good price.

is that the first offer ????........if it is try & go for a bit more...try 3k & youll but the salvage.....but remember...your car will be recorded as a write off....which some people dont like...& no one will ever be able to buy it on H.P...(not the sauce!)

Skoda Fabia vRS

if you need the rear 1/4 doing it IS very expensive, i had my rear 1/4 replaced and my door and the cost to the insurance was about £1300

They originally offered me £2300, with salvage being 12% of that, guy was trying to convince me that I would be better off doing that as above this salvage was going to be 18%. But he wasnt expecting me to sit and work it out myself, £2800 and buying it back at 18% (salvage buy back rises from 12% to 18% at £2350) will despite what insurance guy says leave me better off, so he appears to have caved in on that figure, I am quite happy since gasket is away.

Think I will get headbolts, gasket, cam belt and a clutch and take my time fixing her, take engine out to make it easier. I am tempted to price pored head and new cams all the same, I reckon about 600 for this, sound about right? already have wing and lights. Any of you recall the dent, see picture, but is it possible to get behind this (to try pop it out), or is floor in way, where it rises up for back seats, will need to have a spy! Anybody know where there is a good 2ltr for sale?