ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squashed clio

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Im GUTTED!
I stopped behind traffic at lights and looked in my rear veiw mirror to see a sh*tty 1997 323 mazda with locked wheels schreeching towards me.
He smashed the back of my car and sent me into the solid vauxhall omega infront.
Image1431.jpg

Image1432.jpg

Now im fully comprehensive insured and declared ALL my mods and what not. Im unsure what will happen.
If its written off what do i get? the amount i insured it for? book price?
Id rather not buy back a written off car as when i come to sell it it wont be worth as much.
can any one help???

Nimbus Megane R26
doesnt look at bad, just new bumpers. But lift up carpet in the boot and if its creased, its a writeoff most probably. Gutted though fella..looked a good one!! This happened to my mate in his fiesta ST, although luckily the woman who went up his arse admitted and her insurance paid for all 3 cars.

Vantage
sorry to hear and hope your ok...

doubt it would be a write off unless its hit any cost parts inside...or creased the inside of the boot properly..

as long as your modds are all declared they should give you book price cash for the modds

or with my brother... the cash amount of his modds was deducted from the insurance premium or was put towards his next policy if he decided to let the car go as a write off

Last edited:
s**t that mate! I like how the standard rear lights turn into Lexarse lights upon impact... pmsl. Hope you get everything sorted pronto!

Shitty thing to see in your mirror, hope your feeling alright.

Just wait for people to have first dibs on your turini's.

BMW M135i
doesnt look at bad, just new bumpers. But lift up carpet in the boot and if its creased, its a writeoff most probably. Gutted though fella..looked a good one!! This happened to my mate in his fiesta ST, although luckily the woman who went up his arse admitted and her insurance paid for all 3 cars.
You are joking aren't you? The boot floor will be raped on that, plus a new tailgate, rear bumper, front bumper, probably slam panel with lights and probably more i'd say thats almost a definite write off. But you can't tell anyway overly useful from pics but it doesn't look too brilliant.

dudes thats fucked the rear floors gunna be crumpled and that straight away is a cat c write off

sorry to hear about that mate

what id do is see how much ur gunna be payed out then decide to buy the car back, i would buy it back personaly so u can shift some bits!!!

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
ARE YOU OK ???????
Yer im fine , bit of back pain tho

yer boot floor is creased, rear quarter, bootlid, bumper, light.
headlight, bonnet, slam panel, bumper, wing. thats without looking underneath.

ouch hope your ok.
Yer im fine , bit of back pain tho

BMW 320ci
Depends on your insurance company as to weather they will pay for your mods, I know some will only pay to replace what was modified back to standard.

sounds like a copy and paste answer tbh!

but hope your ok mate!

i was wondering this as i saw a crash the otherday similar to this,
mazda>clio>omega would the mazda be liable for both cars or would it just be liable for the clio then the clio liable for the omega?

dan

Vantage
should of asked the mazda driver if she perfers paying out

+ its it a write off and you decide to keep and break the car

let me know

Mini Cooper S sport
Ouch, horrible to see the back of an RB 182 squished in :(

Glad you're OK though etc. I honestly thought you had Lexus lights, didn't realise they went like that from an impact!

I guess it's a write off then, hope you get a decent payout. Would you buy it back and sell the parts? Lots of it is undamaged; interior, wheels etc

clio rs
same thing happen to me, few years back. I made a injury claim and got £5k plus paid for a car which i was strugling to sell.
Happy days

Never above 25mpg
sounds like a copy and paste answer tbh!

but hope your ok mate!

i was wondering this as i saw a crash the otherday similar to this,
mazda>clio>omega would the mazda be liable for both cars or would it just be liable for the clio then the clio liable for the omega?

dan

Mazda would pay out for both. Same thing happened to my dad, old Merc smashed into the back of his Passat and dad got shoved into the C2 in front! Merc had to pay out for both.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
should of asked the mazda driver if she perfers paying out

+ its it a write off and you decide to keep and break the car

let me know

Paying out?

"theres a cheque for £6,000 mate, sorry for the inconvienience"

screw that! Thats why we pay insurance

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
if its written off id buy it back and strip it yer. How much would it cost to buy it bk for?
Id rather it was written off and ill get another car with the money, any maybe some for whiplash. my lower back it aching!

EVERYONE---- PLEASE DONT PM ME ASKING TO KEEP BITS FOR YOU. I WILL NOT REPLY UNTILL I HAVE HEARD FROM INSURANCE.

ibiza cupra
gutted for you mate. too many of these are being ritten off now. mostly down to price of parts.

It wont be a great deal to buy back I shouldnt have thought. You will defo make more money back breaking it than what they ask for it - but depends if you want a car in bits on your drive.

A mate of mine had slight front end damage on a pulsar that owed him 2100. They gave him 1600 and the car back (would have been 2k pay out, but sold him car back for 400)

He broke the car a few weeks later after some sort of engine problem and made more back and still had his 1600 to invest into another. Got a much nicer example in the end and used the change for bits and bobs for it

You'll get book price, not what you declared it's value as.

Probably about £5k and I think some paid £650 to buy back his 172 Cup recently, just as a guide..

320d

Are you on glue? It's fcuked, impossible for the boot floor not to the creased too at how far the exhaust now sticks out. 100% a write off.

Sorry to see though mate. Must have been some hit that. Hope your ok.

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Sorry to hear that. Hope everyone was ok and you all gets sorted with insurance.

clio 182 black /gold
Yikes that is nasty :(. Mine was not as bad as that and there struggling to striaighten it.

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
His insurance has called to say they will sort everything out. getting a hire car on a like4like basis, so a 2.0 sport something or other on its way. been doctors this morning and got whiplash, and the insurance says they make an offer for personal injury too.
The bloke that hit me, didnt even tell his insurance that he pushed me into another car! opps.
well gutted about my car but maybe something better might come along now!

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Car got picked up today.
Lifted the boot carpet from inside the car as the boot dont open, to find this. creased over half of the boot floor.

Image1438.jpg

Image1439.jpg

Underneath, part of the chassis is bent and also spotted today, above the drivers door, top left part, there is a ripple in the roof.

Quinn direct apparently will only pay for repairs upto 35% of vehicle value.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
:(
Sad sight. I saw a Ph1 in car clinic today that was rear-ended. Looked very sorry for itself.

That's a write off 100%. Wouldn't hold my breath getting a 2.0 sport anything as a courtesy car, like for like simply means small hatchback for small hatchback, e.g you gettin a 1.2 corsa as a courtesy car.

Unlucky mate, but you can buy another one I suppose!