ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeak/Whine at Low Speed

Black 200
I get this squeaking/whining noise which is only noticeable when parking. The noise only happens when I turn the steering wheel to the right and became noticeable about 3 weeks ago.

I bled the PAS system yesterday and it made a slight difference, but the sound is still there
All belts were done a month ago
I checked the tension of the AUX Belt and it seems okay, definitely not slackened

Any ideas?

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Hi mate, my car (which don't have the PAS pulley etc)used to have the same problem! In my case the noise started when the aux belt tensioner started to have a little bit of twist due to a bolt came loose.. so i think belt a bit "soft" (not slackened) and a bit of twist of the assy gave me the noise, i built a new tensioner and the problem is gone.. i don't know if this can help you in some way but if my experience could help someone.. that's it! :)

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
:) my tensioner was completely different from the stock but maybe the "direction" of the problem could be similar..
still don't know WHY I used to hear it when steering but..
When i got the idler pulley on my aux system also that used to squeak (it was the bearing) maybe the PAS bearing which squeaks to "hear" levels when under load? (parking)

Black 200
Yeah it sounds like that may be in the right direction. To be honest, it is much more of a whine than a squeak. Almost like there is resistance from the steering wheel, yet when I am driving along it is never noticeable and the sound doesn't happen when turning left either.