ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaking mofo...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Right chaps....

My 182 has developed a very irritating squeak whilst on the move, that I originally thought was down to binding brakes. Whenever I dabbed the brakes, the noise would stop, but then pickup again within a few seconds.

However, tapping the brakes doesn't seem to make much difference now. It also seems to be a lot worse if the car has got warm/been on a run, etc.

It seems that slightly adjusting the steering makes the noise go away too, only for it to return if the car is allowed to travel ahead in a straight line of its own accord.

I'm 99% certain that's its coming from the driver's side front wheel and I presume it must be a bearing or something similar that's knackered?

Is this a common issue that most garages could identify, or am I better getting botty-pillaged from Renault?

Cheers,
D.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
mines doing the same thing, let me know if you find the cause and I'll do the same visa-versa...

Anti roll bar bushes manybe or ball joint or worn top mount bearing.

If its under warently let Renault fix it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Brian - I might just chuck it back at Reno initially, if the problem is what edde suggests (and) it can be done under warranty.

It's not 3 years old until November this year, so I guess I'm still in the clear?

D.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
my 1.2 16v Dynamique is doing exaclty the same, gimme a shout if you find a solution

Thanks

Clio Dci 65
Any solution to this? Happening to me as well!
Constant high pitched squeak that gets worse when turning left, and then a lower pitched rumble develops when turning right, this rumble only happens after the car has been driven for a bit! The squeak seems to happen most under 40mph

2003 1.2 billabong
Any solution to this? Happening to me as well!
Constant high pitched squeak that gets worse when turning left, and then a lower pitched rumble develops when turning right, this rumble only happens after the car has been driven for a bit! The squeak seems to happen most under 40mph

Yours sounds like a wheel bearing to me