ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaking steering wheel!!

Audi S3 225

I realised just this morning that an annoying squeak I have is coming from the steering wheel, it seems to be coming from the part where the steering wheel connects to the main part connected to the dash. When I turn it left or right I can hear the squeak. Its not the power steering, as it will do this with the engine turned off. Maybe it needs oiling?? Anyone else had this problem?

Also, my brakes have been screeching like made recently. Only just changed the pads last month with no problems, I bought some brake paste stuff to use when changing pads, but forgot to use it, could this be the problem? If so I might take the pads off and put some on, would this help?

Any feedback will be much appreciated,

Thx Allan

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

try lubricating the column gromit in the drivers footwell.could also be a noisy rotary switch.

Polo + Micra

jonesy does the noise stop when you adjust the height of the steering wheel cos i think ive got the squeaking noise

Audi S3 225

ive still got the niose when i adjust the steering wheel up and down, seems like its rubbing somwhere.

And my brakes have got so bad im scared to drive my car, this morning they started to scream like crazy even when im not braking, someone said they may be too tight and always on. Im not gonna drive my car until ive removed my pads and refiited them properly.

Audi S3 225

Ive fixed the brakes by removing them, cleaning them and applying the copper seal, they dont squeel anymore!! I still havent worked out how to fix my steering wheel, it doesnt always make a niose only sometimes. Its going into reno next week for its service, so ill get thme to look at it as well as my rattling sunroof.

Thx for the help peeps.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if its not a 172 and so has electric pas ive had a few noisy motors in the past.the motor is behind the instrument panel to the left.

should be the rotary switch...am experiencing same and bringing it back to reno soon to get it fixed...same thing happened to a friend of mine...