ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaking Under Braking/Acceleration

Audi S3 Saloon
Hi guys,

Bit of advice, should be taking the car to Birchdown soon anyway, but wanted some opinions.

It seems like especially when the car is cold, when I accelerate moderately in the car there is a small squeak as if something moves. (Not continuous) This also seems to happen when braking hardish.

I am assuming it will probably be mount related e.g engine mounts/gearbox mount?

Any ideas?

Cheers :eek:

Audi S3 Saloon
Having driven home tonight, it's not really on braking, a lot more on when I first press the accelerator or release my foot from it.

Audi S3 Saloon
Ok, seem to have sussed it.

Had a new radiator fitted a little while back and it seems they didn't line the 2 mounts back up with the grooves at the top, so they are rubbing, causing the squeak.

From the looks of it, they are bolted on behind the top plastic bit of the grill and need adjusting here?