ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeekie steering on clio’s

Is it just me or do all clios suffer from "squeekie steering wheel syndrome".

My 02reg 172 does it, the girlfriends 03reg 1.2 dynamic does it and her mother bought a 04reg 1.2 extreme 2 months ago which is just starting to do it!

Mine seems to come from the steering wheel itself, but the two 1.2 clios seem to be coming from the steering colum, around the peddle area.

Mazda MX5 1.8

yeah mine squeeks from like behind the steering wheel

stupid thing

not too bothered as long as it works

yeah u33db it sounds like rubber or foam rubbing against the colum... i guess theres foam rings around the cabling or summit... bit anoying as ive only ever noticed this in clios.

mine did it 4 a while after i didnt use it 4 a couple of days but its gone away now.

clio 172 MKII

Mine does it when I turn left but its either from the suspension mount or behind the dash - doing my head in now to be honest!!

Lee

BMW M2C

If the squeak is coming from the steering column its a faulty switch. I cant remember what its called exactly, but I had it on my 172. It was replaced under warranty. I thought it was just something rubbing also, but it wasnt.