ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeking noise from front passenger side wheel

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

My cars developed a squeeking noise from front passenger side wheel. Its not there all the time, but most noticeable in a straight line at higher speeds. Anyone got any idea what this may be? Wheel bearing perhaps?

I get a strange squeaking noise from the passenger side front too (no hamster jokes please)... I had it into the dealers as I thought the wheel bearing had gone, but they reckoned it was the brake binding slightly. It still makes the noise, but its only intermittently and it only happens when Im not accelerating or braking. Could it be the same thing?

Matt

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Sounds similar Matt. Im taking off the wheels this weekend so Ill take a closer look at it. Im also hopefully booked in for a service soon, so Ill ask my dealer and see what crap they come up with! How many miles have you done Matt? Ive done about 23,500.

Joe: No, its not the other half, the squeekings only just slightly higher pitched! Theres not a lot more to say, its like a mouse squeeking, and only happens as Ive described above, no other symptoms.

190 BHP Willy 2

my car developed a squeek from the passenger side wheel after lots of checks and whatever it turned out to be the rim protector on my tyre pinched on the rim under load (high speed slight expansion of the tyre) i didnt believe it but my m8 re-fitted the tyre for me and it has never happened since.
i know it sounds far fetched but its just what i had happen to me.

Scott

Jas

Well, that mileage sounds familiar - mine started just before its 24000 mile service! (on 27000 now). Just as you said, it sounds like a mouse or something!!!

Let me know if you find the cause. Cheers mate!

Matt

J - mine does it sometimes on drivers side - only at reasonably high speeds, and more noticable when turning slightly to the left, stops if I "blip" the steering wheel to the right and is intermittent when straight - not loud and can only hear it when window open! No idea what it is, and I wasnt worried about it till you posted this!!

Sorry to worry you Kis172!

Jas, did you get round to taking the wheels off and having a look? Anything obviously wrong?

Matt

CTR EK9 turbo

on full lock or a lot of lock when turning over bumpy surfaces my suspension from the front "squeeks" loads and sounds like a chicken squarking or gobbling.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Matt, took my wheels off the other day and swapped them front to back. The wheel bearing seems fine, and Im sure the noise has more or less gone now. I think the brakes are slightly binding, and Im not bothered if its that. In for a service on Wed, will keep you informed if they pick anything up.

kis, dont worry, itll be alright!!!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Update: My car had its 24,000 mile service today. Squeaking noise has gone and Renault reckon its because the brakes are fairly low and slightly binding. Nothing to worry about... Famous last words me thinks!!!

Cheers Jas - as I mentioned earlier, they reckoned my brakes were binding too, but it didnt really seem to fix the noise for more than a couple of weeks... Let me know if your mouse returns!

Matt