ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeky steering

cmt

Clio 182
First post, any help gratefully received.

I bought my Clio 182 about 2 weeks ago, 04 plate, 57k miles. So far have had 4 new tyres (missed a flat spot on one tyre in the inspection, rest were low so I replaced the lot).

This morning on my way to work I noticed a squeek (prolonged sound like rubber on rubber) when turning from full right lock back to center. Just been out to park it in the garage and it does it in both directions now and seems to be worse than this morning. Any suggestions what this could be? I've only noticed the noise at low speeds so far.

Thanks for any advice.

182 Trophy
Check your lower ball joints, quite a common issue. Should be able to feel it when you turn the wheel.

182 Trophy
will need replacing, not too much iirc and very easy to do if you fancy saving some money.

cmt

Clio 182
will need replacing, not too much iirc and very easy to do if you fancy saving some money.
Sorry to be a pain, what would the part be called if I were to order it (preferably from eBay/online)? I know little/nothing about mechanical bits of cars, though I'm thinking I might need to learn quickly after buying this car.

cmt

Clio 182
seems that was my first stupid question, I'm sure there'll be more, it's called lower ball joint, I just searched eBay :) Thanks again

182 Trophy
Yeah you got it. Be careful with the bolt spacing though. I think your car should be 10mm iirc. Not 100% on that though, might be worth measuring or getting confirmation elsewhere before you buy.