ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SSD on Macbook

Clio 2002
SSD on macbook pro
just got a OCZ vertex 4 256 gig SSD drive from amazon.

freaking amazing.
I have my system drive on it now (Mountain Lion) and some games, it runs amazingly fast for load times and seek times.
Boot times are incredible.

money well spent imo.

what's yours, mate?

R.gif

I debated buying a new Macbook recently (Mines early 2008!), but after putting a Crucial Force 3 SSD in it and a fresh install of Lion there is no need for me to upgrade. Only 4gb RAM, Photoshop CS6 opens instantly, along with Final Cut. Battery still lasts 5 hours on a full charge, why should I bother upgrading?

Rav4
I debated buying a new Macbook recently (Mines early 2008!), but after putting a Crucial Force 3 SSD in it and a fresh install of Lion there is no need for me to upgrade. Only 4gb RAM, Photoshop CS6 opens instantly, along with Final Cut. Battery still lasts 5 hours on a full charge, why should I bother upgrading?

That is the thing, if it meets your requirements, then you don't need to.

SSD's make such a difference, specially with a clean OS.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I keep almost pressing the button on an SSD for my early 2011 13inch MBP.

Things that keep stopping me are the fact that I don't use the machine as intensively as I used to (no longer use it for some work stuff), keep wondering should I just go for the 512Gb model instead of a 256 (double the price @£300ish) and finally with the talk of a possible retina 13inch later this year I'm inclined to wait and see how much that would be.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Small ssd & replace optical drive with a second hd.

Move home folders to hd, ssd is used only for OS & Apps.