ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stacked my ep3 into a sign :( questions on claiming...

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
As per title, back end shot out and i side slammed a sign post. I've informed insurance and taken it to the approved body shop.

Damage doesn't look like a write off to me at face value (rear quarter, door needs beaten out a little and some paint, sill and skirt are screwed) ... But when driving it to the body shop the handbrake was almost touching the passenger seat suggesting it isn't straight at all.

If the body shop don't notice this or include it in its estimate or assessment, can I dispute it.

Sorry for the probably silly question but I've never done this before....

Pics to follow for those that want to see.

Lotus Elise
Pics would help. A decent body shop will notice it especially if you point it out. Sounds like it needs jigging up

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Pictures won't be uploaded until I'm home, but my question still remains unanswered. If the car isn't straight can I dispute their evaluation as its the insurers recommended company also, courtesy cars, I'm entitled to one but only when the assessment is done, does that sound correct? I'd be screwed if we didn't have a second car.thanks

Ford Mustang 5.0
When I wrote a car off, I didn't get a c-car.

They told me it was only given if its in for repair...

This is correct the courtesy cars are normally provided by the garage repairing the vehicle. So normally you drop your car off to the garage and then you drive away in the courtesy while they repair your car.

Some insurers do give a courtesy car for a total loss claim but its rare.

An independent engineer would inspect the vehicle and give his opinion on if the car is repairable then if its total loss a payment would be made. If its repairable it will get booked into the garage and a car provided.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

This is correct the courtesy cars are normally provided by the garage repairing the vehicle. So normally you drop your car off to the garage and then you drive away in the courtesy while they repair your car.

Some insurers do give a courtesy car for a total loss claim but its rare.

An independent engineer would inspect the vehicle and give his opinion on if the car is repairable then if its total loss a payment would be made. If its repairable it will get booked into the garage and a car provided.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

​unless its not legally drivable ? in this case i have had a courtesy car straight away

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Was written off.

1185855_10201734038412344_316430856_n.jpg

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
The backend had gone before I even had a chance to think of correcting it.

The tyres were made by "Landsail" ironically.