ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Staining on Astra nurburgring Ast alloys.

172 cup
My friends Astra has staining on his wheels we have iron x,d bilberry,d etc an he has polished with different compounds by hand but still can't get it to budge.the wheels have also had x amount of layers of Autofinesse rim wax after polishing so we are kinda stumped on what to do next the wheels are like a Matt colour aswell as the laquer could it be that causing it ? Any help would be great.

He is also ordering c5 so we need to get it sorted before that is applied
Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Sam

0B8F5052-09AB-4D03-B28D-6B05EEB95F40-5019-00000966E41182A2.jpg

BFFC9251-B59E-48C1-9507-D095E811646B-5019-00000966D04AC6D7.jpg

A8C098DD-1883-4605-9ABC-BD5C87526E41-5019-00000966EDFCC544.jpg

It looks like scratching in the lacquer, if they are matt white.

If Tardis, IronX and polish hasn't worked, try claying. Last resort, but I can't see that shifting unfortunately. Very hard to tell when you're not there in person, but that's all I can suggest really.

172 cup
It looks like scratching in the lacquer, if they are matt white.

If Tardis, IronX and polish hasn't worked, try claying. Last resort, but I can't see that shifting unfortunately. Very hard to tell when you're not there in person, but that's all I can suggest really.

Cheers mate we will give it ago there not the only marks so you may well be right about markings in the lacquer

Shame, you're not far from my old location but now based in London. Other wise, would have been more than happy to take a gander/help in my Cheshire to Birmingham drive (most weekends last year!).

172 cup
Shame, you're not far from my old location but now based in London. Other wise, would have been more than happy to take a gander/help in my Cheshire to Birmingham drive (most weekends last year!).

Well if your ever bored mate feel free ;)

DB.

BMW 440i
Detailing versus cleaning, Dave. Nothing wrong with either :)

Yeah, understand that JD having spent hours on DW over the years.

With White alloys though, and knowing it will only be a day until those marks are covered in brake dust/dirt with the wheels still looking fairly spotless, I wouldn't be worried about those small marks!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Difference being you know they'll just washoff instead of needing hours of prep. When you really look into detailing and say to yourself, is it really worth it, knowing it's sealed and resisting the current rubbish thrown up form the roads and it all just washes off. All the neighbours cars are hazed and covered in black spots, i see it being worth the time having pride in my piece of sh!t car that looks better than your average Joe

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol, the more and more I read this section and DW, the more I realise I'm a valeter and not a detailer..

Good lord. You may be the first person ever to downgrade their alleged status !

Normally owning more than 1 yellow sponge and two types of I'mTurtling products = I R DETAILER.

No, no you are not.

:dead:

DB.

BMW 440i
Good lord. You may be the first person ever to downgrade their alleged status !

Normally owning more than 1 yellow sponge and two types of I'mTurtling products = I R DETAILER.

No, no you are not.

:dead:

Lol you hear that so much!

I would describe myself as knowing how to clean a car, properly. Certainly not detailing though. Too much time and effort involved for me!

Interior, Interior dressing etc.
Engine Bay, and trim it.
Wheels are all sealed and tyres dressed.
Bodywork clayed once a year, hand polished a couple of times a year, waxed about 7/8 times a year, and cleaned every fortnight roughly.

TTRS & V50
I'm definitely in the same boat as Dave, however I'm pretty handy with a Rotory too, after years of working in a Bodyshop.

DB.

BMW 440i
You see the amount some of the people on DW spend on a collection, its ludicrous!

Much rather a few extra coins in my pocket, and a car 95% as clean with hours to spare!

M2 Comp
You see the amount some of the people on DW spend on a collection, its ludicrous!

Much rather a few extra coins in my pocket, and a car 95% as clean with hours to spare!

Definitely an expensive hobby! But if it's what people enjoy then why not? That's what I think anyway.

SQ5
Unsure if this effects anything but those wheels are neither traditionally painted or power coated. They have some kind of really hard enamel coating. I forget what it's called though =\

172 cup
Wow, i keep my car clean but forget going into that much detail! lol

The reason for this is the car is only on 8000 miles and is his pride an joy it's been driven 1000 miles in 8 months as he technically doesn't need the car as he bikes to work.theres not a mark on the car an then small blemishes are the only thing that you could pick out hence the reason he wants to get it sorted
56E84360-5C09-4790-B85F-EAE7D1DF55AB-540-0000003B88B19135.jpg

172 cup
Unsure if this effects anything but those wheels are neither traditionally painted or power coated. They have some kind of really hard enamel coating. I forget what it's called though =\

Cheers mate I'll let him know could be the reason for the markings