ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stainless 172 exhaust systems

172Petey

Want to get a good quality exhaust for my cup, been looking around on forum and the prospeed looks the best for what im wanting, subtle with the bumper cut out sort of "182replica" with only one tail pipe.

Thing is prospeed are miles away from me, anyone got any ideas or pictures of what they think looks good.

Subtle is the key for me and obviously, power gains (although minimal) over looks but it just cant be too loud! Im out the door at 5am every morning and dnt think neighbours would be to happy if I kept waking them!

Seen the Vid of the 182 miltek an that sounds perfect!

172Petey

Dont really want a stealth. Like the prospeed in the vid on the black 172 in that link!

Doesnt sound too loud, could b a little more raspy though!

172Petey

tooo loud I think, I prob could live with it but not my neighbours at 5am!

172Petey

Does the prospeed have mandrel bends, where the bore of the exhaust stays the through out the curves?

Dont really want a stealth. Like the prospeed in the vid on the black 172 in that link!

Doesnt sound too loud, could b a little more raspy though!

Thats mine.
It's a lot different sounding after a few miles trust me!

I'll get a better sound clip soon.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Does the prospeed have mandrel bends, where the bore of the exhaust stays the through out the curves?

Charlie @ Prospeed has pipes, with differing diameters, and runs them through the mandrel following the original line of the cutaways that Renault have made for the exhaust system. Obviously the variables are down to you...ie backbox size; tailpipe size; stealth or cut through. He builds the exhaust there and then for you...takes a couple of hours to complete...good excuse to go for a stroll around Cardiff...

172Petey

Did you travel to cardif to get it done? How much did it cost you, including having the bumper cut out, and does it have the mandrel bends?

Charlie @ Prospeed has pipes, with differing diameters, and runs them through the mandrel following the original line of the cutaways that Renault have made for the exhaust system. Obviously the variables are down to you...ie backbox size; tailpipe size; stealth or cut through. He builds the exhaust there and then for you...takes a couple of hours to complete...good excuse to go for a stroll around Cardiff...

yes it was to have two breakfasts .....lol

If I wanted a performance exhaust I would of paid a lot more than the £275 I did for my pro-speed ;)

However it has to be an improvement over the standard exhaust!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Oh, I see.

You have on donnyo on your cup? worth it?

Mine was done at end of November, old box fell off...Got the stealth one off Charlie, but went down on the day! (It was literally can you? Please...Pretty Please!) :) I could have got a stainless exhaust here in Telford for £250ish...but went down to Cardiff...as heard nothing but good reviews from here.

He did mine, replaced the spring by the manifold, and put new rubber in the mount for £319 all in...should have been £380 but if you mention CS, and e-mail him...he'll do you a discount. To say the ride back was brilliant was an understatement, going from Telford in the W.Mids down to Cardiff with half an exhaust was horrible...i was deaf in my left ear by the time I got down there! Coming back, you notice the noise (as its new) but its not a problem to live with day to day, and I'm doing approximately 100 miles a day in the Cup!

It was JayHunt who recommended Pro-speed to me, and I would happily recommend them to anyone with a 172...as I'm impressed with the result...nice in general city traffic, and when you open 'her' up...sounds sweet!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Donny i'll have to have a listen to yours on the meet.

172Petey

I dont want a booming boy racer exhaust though, something a bit special, quality and with a nice raspy rally sort of sound, but again not to loud! Im not gonna de-cat it so dont think it will get unbearable.

Its the quality and looks of the bumper cut out that gets me interested in the prospeed, every 172 that I have seen with the cut out looks spot on!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I dont want a booming boy racer exhaust though, something a bit special, quality and with a nice raspy rally sort of sound, but again not to loud! Im not gonna de-cat it so dont think it will get unbearable.

Its the quality and looks of the bumper cut out that gets me interested in the prospeed, every 172 that I have seen with the cut out looks spot on!

Its not a booming boy racer jobbie...its noisier than standard, but there is no 4K rattle...and it sounds nice during a pootle round as well as when giving it some beans

Donny i'll have to have a listen to yours on the meet.

Scott...no worries mate. :) You can also listen to JayHunt's which is a cut through, and Kully's but this has a different tailpipe.

172Petey

Sounds good then, ill have to give them an email to see when they can fit me in.

Any one got any other vid clips or pictures of the systems?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sounds good then, ill have to give them an email to see when they can fit me in.

Any one got any other vid clips or pictures of the systems?

IMG_0473.jpg

The car on the left is the one with the Prospeed... (Cheers Rich/Kully)

172Petey

Yes, that looks perfect, subtle yet bold! I got to get one!

Do they do "race cat's" as part of there systems? Or if I was to get one im sure it could be fitted with there system couldnt it?!

Chocolate Bar™
get a yozzasport and stop being ghey. got mine sitting in the garage waiting for fitment and its a work of art lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd love a yozzasport one, but no way could i live with the noise on an everyday car.

Chocolate Bar™
lmao. i was only talking to the gf about this topic the other day, and agreed that when i go for job interviews and the like it'll be better if i park the sunflower around the corner so as not to make a 'bad first impression' lovesit

dads also told me to 'drive in neutral' so as not to offend the neighbours. they're all old and nearly deaf so i'll be fine...

Vectra :(
get a yozzasport and stop being ghey. got mine sitting in the garage waiting for fitment and its a work of art lol

It is a VERY good system. I love mine.

I'd love a yozzasport one, but no way could i live with the noise on an everyday car.

The reason i love it is because i dont have to drive it everyday ;) Only on the weekends and maybe a night or 2. It is a little loud for an everyday car. My garage is under my house and when i take it out or put it in the plates all rattle in the kitchen cupboards (not joking either)

Chocolate Bar™
ha ha ha. is it decatted?

may have to resort to some sounddeadening if i get desperate as it worked really well on my old car at blocking out the majority of the noise

Chocolate Bar™
if your ever near stoke you can pop round to mine and have a gander. if i ever get my car back from the insurance company of cause lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You coming to star city?

Edit: just checked, hope it is, i'll have a listen then ;)

Vectra :(
ha ha ha. is it decatted?

may have to resort to some sounddeadening if i get desperate as it worked really well on my old car at blocking out the majority of the noise

Yep it is.

Also as for sound deadening i have gone the opposite route. Currently mostly stripped out now, cobras going in as soon as i have time and thats about it ;)

With me driving it for about 2 hours a week on average tho its a nice change to driving my daily drive of a Vectra

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't wait till i get the money for another car, defo have yozza stuff on it then.