ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalk controls for 2005 clio/megane available...

sorry if this has been posted before...

Right, a new can bus steering wheel stalk control interface is now available for all updatelist radios.

the correct part required can be identified by the name on the front of the radio or on the yellow mini iso connector behind the radio....

these adaptors are going to be able to work on alpine, clarion, jvc, kenwood, pioneer, sony, panasonic, blaupunkt, siemens/vdo and even becker!

it will display the radio name and will allow full control from the stalk.

ive just ordered a few in and going to try one in a 2005 megane this week, theres no promises it will work but i will let you know the result! :)

regards connor

bump... im surprised i aint had many replies after how many people have asked if you can get them or when they are out etc.

106 GTi
Nice one, I know a few guys on here where waying for Alpine ones for the Update list wiring.

I got fed up and brough a Dension kit instead.

A4 Avant
My fingers are crossed on this one! Would love to have my stereo stalk controls working again!!!:star:

How much would the lead be conner?

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
any news on the display yet? i would like to get both working but it just seems to be wishfull thinking at the moment.

i hear you on the glide strip too - its torture!!!

RS 200
Would be interested in how things turn out, if everything is ok I might get my Pioneer Ipod addon then to complete my setup.

Chris

Come on Connor - spill the beans!!!!!!!

Desperate for a becker stalk & display adaptor for my Trophy.

7MAT

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
sorry but whats a glide strip?

i am interested, i've got a blaupunkt woodstock DAB52 so would be greatful to know if it works, i bought an adaptor from blaupunkt for my astra in the knowledge that it would work but it never did.

Lee

BMW M2C
The Glide strip is a bit lile the controls on an iPod and is used instead of normal buttons on some Alpine headunits. Bit of a gimmick really, and in a car like the Trophy it's hard to keep your finger on it when on slightly bumpy roads.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
ah right, got ya, good job i dont have an alpine then, or an ipod for that matter --- minidiscs all the way! they WILL NOT die!!!

lol, right sorry.. gets busy at work sometimes! with the same questions to :p

Ill try and answer everyones question without forgetting one..

The display... Yes it will work with the display but will only display the radio name (e.g. Alpine), and when you push seek up for example it will display "seek+" for a second or 2. Like the old stalk control.

& your so right about the glidetouch! such a bad design, i said that when it was first released, just as well they have dropped it for their new models they have out! But they are keeping the 9855 on till next year.

I got it from one of my suppliers, but the actual company that creates them is In car tec, who i know some of you have been contacting etc.

As for which stereos it will work with, they are alpine, clarion, jvc, kenwood, pioneer, sony, panasonic, blaupunkt, siemens/vdo and even becker!

Blaunpunkt actually helped create the product so will definetly work with blaupunkt stereos as long as they have the stalk control adaptor facility!

this is the same with all the brands, if the model states it can take a stalk control adaptor then this will work with it!

Price is the only downside of this product, due to the technology in this adaptor it is very steep for stalk control interface. We are going to be retailing them at approx £129.99 if the customer just buys the interface or if they have bought the stereo elsewhere, however if the stereo is bought from us then we will be doing them for £99.99.

P.S. There is also a flylead you will need for £9.99 to go with the interface for the particular brand you have to.

P.P.S - I will be doing a 2005 megane with the same interface on weds. I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Damn sounds costly, glad I went with the Denison, going to put my Alpine in the 306 instead for sure now.

Yep it is pretty costly, but for people that don't want to use the hand thats usually changing gears to change a track instead of using the controls, i guess its worth it ;)

But thats what you pay for when you get these new annoyingly wired cars lol.

Anyways, good news, did an 2005 megane today with the above said stalk control and an alpine cda9847r headunit and it worked :)

But.... its on & off as to whether you will have the function of the display stating "seek up" or "volume down" when you use the stalk control. the megane we did today only stated "Alpine" all of the time.

clio
I retract my statement " I'm interested too". For a £129 it would be cheaper to buy a remote control unit for your headunit (ifs its not already supplied with your headunit) and hardwire it into to the stalk controls. I did this to my valver about 6 years ago and it worked a treat and cost me nothing as I already had the remote.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah as much as I really want the stalk controls to work, I'm not paying that for an adapter, the Incartec one for the 2004 clios is only £32.

I'll probably just source a stalk and display from a 2004 car and fit those instead.

106 GTi
Be interesting to know what has chaged wiring wise. Someone tried an 05 Update list headuit in an older car and it does not work at all.

A4 Avant
Theres no chance I'm paying that much for one!:eek: Thats just day light robbery! I think £60 would be more reasonable, but even then for what it does would be expensive!:dapprove:

Last edited:
lol, well its available.... thats all im saying, the price isnt a problem if ur that desperate to get it working.

I'll probably just source a stalk and display from a 2004 car and fit those instead.

do you know someone thats done this? Coz as its canbus i dont see this possible to do.

& MES (connects2) havent even looked into making stalk controls for the new clio/megane yet, so it will be at least 9 months to a year before they bring out one.

£60 would be more reasonable, like the alpine adaptors cost.... but believe me when i say it costs more than that for a company to buy them in. Alot of time, effort & work has been put into creating these stalk controls. especially as its canbus.

i dont see the problem myself, ive got an alpine iva d310 and had a nakamichi cd 400 before that and ive never had the controls working in the 2 years ive had the car.

Last edited:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I was interested until I saw the price! You can buy a decent head unit for that! lol

FF Arctic Blue 182
connor said:
MES (connects2) havent even looked into making stalk controls for the new clio/megane yet, so it will be at least 9 months to a year before they bring out one.

According to their forum they won't be long bringing one out, Link.

E87 118i
so will my connects2 adaptor (DRNS002 or 3 I think) that is only compatible with a sony HU from the Tuner list oem radio not work in a 2005 clio ?

1.5dci
rock said:
so will my connects2 adaptor (DRNS002 or 3 I think) that is only compatible with a sony HU from the Tuner list oem radio not work in a 2005 clio ?

No, it wont.
I bought one when i had my 05 clio, and it didnt work. Tried just about every other option available at the time, but nothing worked with it.

E87 118i
bluenoes said:
No, it wont.
I bought one when i had my 05 clio, and it didnt work. Tried just about every other option available at the time, but nothing worked with it.

ooohhh fok.....

will check to see the exact radio model on the car, as in if its not a tuner list.

FF Arctic Blue 182
Just got a response back from incartec, they can be bought direct from incartec for £99 inc. delivery by calling 01420 540277.

ste_brough said:
Just got a response back from incartec, they can be bought direct from incartec for £99 inc. delivery by calling 01420 540277.

Yep it's true - ordered mine today for £99.

7MAT