ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel remote saga. Help?

200 cup & 106 GTi
Been trying to get my steering wheel controls working in my 2005 trophy.
I have fitted quite a few stalk adaptors for other people in the past with few probs, usually to kenwood and sony stereos though. I have done a few 172s and base models, never a 182 though, or any mk2 p2, usually the slightly older models. This time it's a pioneer(with stalk control functionality) into a 182 trophy.
I ordered what i thought was the correct adaptor, according to caraudiosecurity 2002-2005 with external display uses PC99-X12 and the appropriate patch lead. This won't fit, i've taken the dash top off again and it won't plug into the back of the display, it looks like it's the one for mk3 clios from the fitting instructions and autoleads catalogue.
So i popped over to fraudsters and found a PC99-X01 which is the lead i've always fitted in the past, it has teh matching mini yellow block connector which i remember, this plugs in fine. When i wire it all up it doesn't do anything though.
I have tried both interface boxes, no difference.
If i unplug the power supply to the interface box it holds the forwards function on the stereo until i unplug the patch lead from the stereo or plug the power(red and black plug) back into the interface box. So i know the stereo is capable of reacting to the input, just the system isn't giving the correct output to trigger the stereo.

Anyone else got experience of fitting stalk controls to a later 182? Pref with a pioneer system?

I can't find anything about stalk controls in the instruction manual...

Last edited:
  200 cup & 106 GTi
I've looked into it and i think only the pioneer OE adapter works with it, at £50+p&p. Can't be bothered with it any more.