ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalling and engine electrics/managment light

Astra SRi T
car: 1.2 16v petrol
mk2 ph2

Over the last week Ive noticed when slowing down ie: a junction or parking, or sometimes upon starting up the revs are rough and the car almost stalls and sometimes does. Also the engine management light ( diesle pre-heater light) comes on just before.
:S
Im thinking it might be the coils but im not sure? any ieas people?

ph1 172
if the engine light is on, an OBD2 diagnostics tool might bring up some fault codes, most small places with the equipment should show you the codes for £20.

ph1 172
although actually i dont think renault diesels support OBD2 ports until about 2004/2005

Astra SRi T
its really starting to bug me as its dangerous especially at rounderbouts. Also im getting my new car in 6 weeks so i dont want to spend on it, ive already paid for the cambelt to be done last month :mad:

Last edited:
  ph1 172
is the car petrol or diesel? you say the pre-heater light comes on, but you also mention that you think its the coils?

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
does depend where you take it reno will probably want to sell you a new one. go to an independant its a bit fiddly

BMW M135i
...or tdc sensor, the ecu cover cutting through the loom. Could be a million things with the D4F lump.

Is there any way of getting the car out of limp home mode other than switching off then on again (as this rarely works on my car)
Need to get mine looked at as its really pissing me off atm

BMW M135i
Limp home mode will almost definetly be the ecu cover cutting through the loom tripping it into limp home mode. You need to remove the cover and repair (read tape up) the loom to stop it earthing/shorting.

Astra SRi T
its not in limp home mode, all it does is idle rough and stall (with engine electonics light on) when i dip the cluch when stopping at junction etc

Motorbikes
I'm going to get my Throttle Body cleaned out sometime soon, not sure how to go about it though but I'll work it out.

St rollin on Borbet
it will be the throttle body i had the same problem and then a month later it came on again and had to have a new tpc sensor

Astra SRi T
so if i go to my local garage and say i need my throttle body replaced or cleaned out, what sort of price will i expect to pay??? thinking of booking it in for tuesday, as its getting to the point where is becoming un-driveable thru town - stalling at every rounderbout and junction