ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalling in Cold Weather

al

ST on the way...
First thing on a morning if the temp is 2deg C or less, the car will start first time with no problems but will immediately stall, I have to hold the revs on 1000rpm for about 20 seconds before it will idle by itself.

Any ideas chaps?

Cheers,

Al

Clio DCi 65
i use to have to do this on my clio dci sometimes,

Then my timing belt slipped and car is screwed!

Sum1 else probably give you a better answer than me tho!

yeh, not too much to worry about really, its certainly not life threatning - although i suggest that a good service usually sorts that sorta stuff out mate

al

ST on the way...
standard airbox? sounds like its maybe running too lean?

Yep, standard airbox, just an ITG panel filter.

yeh, not too much to worry about really, its certainly not life threatning - although i suggest that a good service usually sorts that sorta stuff out mate

When the outside temp is above 2-3 it's fine, had 36k service in feb.

Sounds like the idle is too low mate... what shape clio is it carb or fuel injected?
It's a 2003 1.6 16v, once the first 20 secs or so have passed it's fine.

Clio Extreme 1.2 2002
I had this was the coil packs and sparks. Replaced them and it worked fine after that. To be honest it could be any number of things that are causing it. Best to take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Modern cars really shouldn't do this. Is it a regular occurance? maybe an ECU fault

Last edited:
  Renault clio 1.2RL mk1
ahhh i know what shape now... the injection computers are always messing up on them.. remember changing them so many times on warrenty