ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalls every time i idle!!!

2001 1.2 16v
I've read a few threads on the same problem for the 1.2 16v engine, but mineseems a bit different, stalls evertime i idle, well near enough. When i park, stalling in the way in of course:mad: , the ticking noise comes from the engine like when you remove a sensor, could one just be loose??? ive tried pushing in the obvious ones like the MAP etc. Also revs bounce around when moving the steering wheel in neutral.

Any ideas, Cheers in advance.

Storm Grey 200
Revs will bounce around when you move the wheels because of the power steering. You should try changing the TDC sensor, think i chucked my old one out tho...

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
ive got a 1.2 clio throttle body for sale on ebay, if u want to have a look

easy to change aswell mate aslong as u have a 10mm socket and ratchet!

edit: just read your post again sound exactly like my aunties old clio 1.2 everytime it got slightly warm it would idle so she always had to keep it above idle speed, and then she had the throttle body replaced and the loom and it sorted it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Throttle-Body...ryZ10410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
u prob dont need a new one mate - quite prone to just gettin dirty. if u cant do it urself, take it to garage, should charge one hours labour. they'll give it a clean and you'll be on ur way.