ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 1*2 Seat height position to high?

Renault Sport clio 1
Been thinking about this for a while now as i couldn't decide if just getting different seats was the answer?

Basically the drivers seat is about the right height when set to the lowest point(but could be lower), but the passenger seat height is just too high.

So do people think that the standard seat sub frames could be modified or have new sub frames made to give a lower seating position?

Any one have any ideas or have want to do this too? :eek:

Renault Sport clio 1
new seats would be the answer but are expensive so a cheaper fix would buy time to save! lol

So if i looked at getting some made would people want them?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I looked at custom subframes, was quoted up to £500 a set. Not worth it.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
you need a set of these! good price and i took the spacers out!! feel great!!! fast improvement for little money!

Picture014.jpg

Clio MK2 (1.2)
new seats would be the answer but are expensive so a cheaper fix would buy time to save! lol

So if i looked at getting some made would people want them?

if they fit 1.2 model's aswell, il be in :) depending on price, as i dont like the passenger seat high, even tho i dont sit init :eek:

Renault Sport clio 1
There is a motorsport prep type company(x-sport) down the road from me that i'm going to speak too.

I can't see how they could cast £500??

BMW M135i
So am I but when I sat in Blooor's buckets you really lost a lot of visibility and felt like you were looking down the bonnet a lot. Although I agree the stock seating position feels more like sitting on the car rather than in it.

a thirsty one
i am also just over 6ft and would love the seat to drop maybe an inch.
i only really notice how high the seats are when i jump into it from another car.

Renault Sport clio 1
Well a little update!

I was quoted 4-5 hrs @ £45 to get both seat sub frames modified to suit.

I'm just waiting to see if they would do a group/club discount!

Focus RS Mk1
so upwards of 200quid basically, just for a lower seat position!

may take a ook at this myself. cant be too tricky, will have a gander this weekend :) see what i can come up with

Renault Sport clio 1
Got a reply back and he has said he can do a group/club thing for £180 plus VAT (£211).

But he has said he can do other stuff aswell!

So watch this space! ;-)

tbh you arent going to get the seats a decent amount lower unless you go the route of buckets and customer subframes and even then to do so you need to remove or cut down the plastic feeds from the heaterbox to the rear footwell and flatten down the carpet.