ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 172 Exhaust refitting?????

172 & Golf GTI on order!
I have the offer of swapping my mates Magnex exhaust for our standard one on the Mk2 172 as he is selling his car.
If we cut the standard exhaust to get it off our car can I buy some sort of kit/sleeve etc... to refit it on his car?

Sorry for complete lack of tachnical knowledge,

Any helpor advice would be great.

Maffy

Golf R/Leon FR
why cut it off? if they are both full systems then just take them both off and swap around, the magnex pipe will be a different bore size.

172 cup'd extreme
he means to get it off over the rear axel, undo the rear shockers and drop the axel down on a jack then you will be able to get the full system out from the cat

The magnex will probably come with a joint over the rear beam in which case its a peice of piss to get that off. The Renault system comes as two parts (cat and rear section) from factory but most have had the centre box replaced under warranty for the 4k buzz so if you look at it you may find its already been cut and sleeved over the rear beam anyway. In which case its a piece of piss to swap and you dont need to cut anything or drop the beam.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
a rather good sleave can be got from reno, around 50 notes iirc

172 & Golf GTI on order!
The standard exhaust fitted is one piece from cat back so will definitely have to cut it to get it off. I will have a look at dropping rear axel but don't know if I can be bothered if I have to start removing bumpers etc.....as I expect the same will have to apply in reverse to get it back on my mates car.
I just thought if we could cut it to get it off and then rejoin it somehow on his car it would be easier!

Magnex is a piece of cake to get off as it is in 2 pieces.

Cheers

Maffy