ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 182 Cup - Rolling Road Results

Tav

Clio 197
Went to a rolling road day with the local VW forum: EastsideVW. Great bunch of guys and a very eclectic collection of cars for a Volkswagen forum; everything from VR6 Golf's to Subaru Impreza Type R's and BMW M3's...oh and a Clio 182 Cup in there for good measure!

The Clio did it's name justice with a healthy result. That said the figures don't quite match Renault's claimed values in regards to RPM.

The car is standard but may have had a remap by the previous owner, as the rev limiter won't cut in till around 7800-8000rpm. It has covered 27k miles and was recently serviced with OE Renault parts. The car did suffer from a rather substantial hole in the CAT earlier this year, this was fixed but I'm not convinced the exhaust is 100% sealed where the CAT/middle silencer meet. This may explain the discrepancies in RPM vs. power/torque? It's never quite felt as beefy (thinner might be a better term) as it did before the exhaust troubles.

The AFR graph shows that the car is running a little too rich and there is scope for more power if the map was leaned off. The last two tanks of fuel I had run were ASDA 95RON due to being too far from a Shell station, the car was run on V Power today but without time for the ECU to recognise the change I doubt it made much difference.

No wild power gains to be claimed but I'm pleased the car is making near standard figures. I'm not sure I'm going to modify the engine for more power as I'm far from capable of exploiting the chassis to its full potential. Some modifications to satisfy my own interests or improve driveability may happen though...if they do I'll be back on the RR to see what changes they have made.

Manufactures Figures:

Power: 182PS (179 bhp) @ 6500rpm
Max torque: 148lb ft @ 5250rpm

Rolling Road Figures:

Power (wheels): 150.6 bhp @ 6952rpm
Power (engine): 178.6 bhp @ 7173rpm (+673rpm)
Torque: 137.1 lbft / 185.8 Nm @ 6408rpm (+1158rpm)

Graphs/Tables:

rrgraph1.jpg

rrgraph2.jpg

rrgraph3.jpg

rrgraph4.jpg

rrgraph5.jpg

Last edited:

Tav

Clio 197
Yeah a lot of the guys commented on how nice the power graph was, always thought the car had a very nice linear delivery and the graph backs this up. Where did your car make peak power/torque?

Artic Blime 182
Good thread, i wanted to know what the 182's were actually doing prior to doing any mods so i can see what improvement have been made etc. :)