ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Air Box mod

Hello all....

Just thought I would share a pretty cool mod my mate has recently done!

He had an induction kit from another motor, practically new only used for about a month on the car.

As it was the right diameter to fit straight on induction pipe where airbox connects he fitted it on but left the front part of airbox on.. This means he gets best of both worlds.. He gets the lovely induction noise with the good quality airfeed going to it from front of airbox.

The airbox acts as a shield also to stop most of hot air from engine bay being sucked in.. Its pretty damn cool actually..

Yeah a pic would be good!

Im just trying to work out how you can get the top of the box on when you have the induction kit going into the original pipe?

R

rich[182]

Forgive me for sounding thick here, cant visualize what your mates done, is the filter housed within the std airbox but with the lid off ? pics would help

cheers

rich172

Aint got any pics at the minute.... Will Sort some out next week when I see him as he aint on the net..

Basically what he has done is remove standard round filter element and replace with induction kit... The kit fitted quite tight into the airbox.. At first his intentions were to leave top part of box off (As it is in two bits as you know!)

Then he realised the lid actually fitted on quite snug which meant the filter was in standard airbox.. Basically same sort of thing as Viper kits.. Obviously not as good but a cool mod I thought!!!