ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard brakes

Clio 197 cup pack
Got standard brakes on the clio. Isit just mine or are they s*** when you need to use them at 80mph upwards???

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mine are really good, but they used to be really bad until I changed the brake fluid.
Worth doing since it only costs a few groats.

Astra Twintop
The ol K-tec kit :)

Ferodo pads (there in my boot, so god knows what they are) and standard discs. Couldnt find any high performance ones!

audi a6 3.0tdi
Mine are the same but thats coz they are foooked. I'd suggest brembo hc disks, pf97 pads, braided lines and dot 5.1 fluid. Well thats what i'm getting.

if you don't want to spend on a full kit like these above, try changing the fluid/front pads (in that order)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Mine have always been fine, even when discs we falling apart (literally). Have changed to brembo hc discs and ferodo front pads now (not 2500's tho). Seem really good but I don't do track days, just fast road use.

What is the problem with yours? Not pulling you up or pulling to one side or something?

tiTTy & SV650
I find the standard brakes to be spot on, I am more smooth than a heavy breaker anyway so plenty good enough for me.

Clio 197 cup pack
ok cheers. Try changing the fluid i think, its only when i brake hard that the pedal feels like itsd bouncing ever so slighty, the pads are only 2 months old. I'll try the fliud.