ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Lights on a 182?

Hi guys

I've got my MOT coming up and pretty sure my xenons aren't going to pass. I bought the car less than a year ago and the dipped beam has always been really high, looks to be the typical problem of being wound out too much. I know this can be a bit of a pain to fix and I don't really have the time at the moment, so was wondering if standard mk2 lights will fit and work temporarily just to get it through?

Cheers

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Yes, standard halogen lights will work fine.

Plug and play to swap them over, as easy as that.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
As already said above they are pretty easy to adjust if the internal clips on the headlights are not broken.

There should also be an auto adjuster for the lights attached to the rear beam. Check this has not come unclipped and causing the issue you have. It is on the near side of the rear beam @GillyGilb

Thanks all

I've tried to adjust previously and they weren't budging, just spins around and the beam stays very high. Can only assume they've come unclipped/broken from a previous owner

How much of a job is it to put them right? I have done a search before and looks doable just takes a little time which I'm a bit short of atm, but I could just throw some standard lights in for time being to get it through, hence initially asking about those fitting

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks all

I've tried to adjust previously and they weren't budging, just spins around and the beam stays very high. Can only assume they've come unclipped/broken from a previous owner

How much of a job is it to put them right? I have done a search before and looks doable just takes a little time which I'm a bit short of atm, but I could just throw some standard lights in for time being to get it through, hence initially asking about those fitting

Think you've got the best plan as you'll need to take them off anyway to investigate.

Once off go from there.