ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 'what car thread'

LY182 / Bmw e21/ R6
Hi All,

Just another which car's best thread! I'm pretty unsure what to go for so thought I'd put something up here and see what opinions come out!
I run a Fiesta van as a company car at the moment, and get an allowance for work. It's a cracking workhorse, nothing fancy but does the job but with a little one on the way and job promotion it mean's I can no longer use the van. So the LY's been put up for sale tonight, and the fiestas going once I find a replacement!

With getting an allowance I need to now hit certain criteria;
4/5 doors, 2013 onwards, reasonable MPG as I do 15k / 20k per year, decent boot due to carrying work kit. Auto's a bonus. Budget of 20k
With the Clio / fun car being sold and no longer having a sportsbike I want something good to drive, but still practical without looking like nobber around clients!

Options are;
Golf R Estate. The only issue is in my price range i'll struggle to get one with decent options like Nav, cruise and heated seats which i'd like when spending that much money! A hatch isn't big enough, and most are ex lease which puts me off! I looked at leasing one when a deal came up before Xmas (362 per month, 3+23 15K but the deal when in 48 hours before I could order!)
Octavia TFSI VRS - Look decent but my last car was a Mk6 Golf GTi, and had timing chain issues and this is the same engine.
Focus ST-3 Estate, Petrol - Lots of kit as standard, decent value, interior isn't great and don't come with an auto option.
I've also seen a Alpina D5 which looks awesome, but its a 2012 and still 24k so a lot of money for something I'd need to sell in a year, a potentially take a massive hit on.

If anyone has any other ideas or opinions of the above let me know! I haven't test drove an R estate or focus estate, so plan to have a good look round in the next few weeks along with any other options that come up.

Cheers in advance chaps!

LY182 / Bmw e21/ R6
330d’s a great shout, but i know a few people with them and fancy something abit more left field.

LY182 / Bmw e21/ R6
Thanks for the suggestions chaps.
S4 avants lovely, i thought they’d be out my price range. I’ve had a go in a m135i but the boot isn’t big enough sadly.

LY’s on pistonheads, membership ran out the other day- i’d rather sell it someone one here though

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks for the suggestions chaps.
S4 avants lovely, i thought they’d be out my price range. I’ve had a go in a m135i but the boot isn’t big enough sadly.

LY’s on pistonheads, membership ran out the other day- i’d rather sell it someone one here though

Find one for £15k and you've got plenty of cash left for issues, should any arise.

Go drive one - in Sport mode.. through a tunnel, via some AutoBahns. They're at their best doing zero to (think of a number) and when cruising/storming through continents over 200kph :up:

DAB, Keyless, Pano Roof are must haves !

LY182 / Bmw e21/ R6
Stop the search, we have a winner.. 300c fake bentley gangster wannabe on the way.
They see me rollin’...

I hadn’t thought of a cupra estate in all fairness, thanks again for all the suggestions gents.. off to the classifieds