ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Star Wars Battlefront

Citroen DS3 DSport
I agree, £40 for DLC on games you have only just purchased is annoying.

The game itself is great fun, easy to pickup and play for short periods of time which suits me perfectly.

I agree, £40 for DLC on games you have only just purchased is annoying.

The game itself is great fun, easy to pickup and play for short periods of time which suits me perfectly.
Yeah. Sounds good for me then. Cheers. [emoji106] [emoji41]

I remember when expansion packs used to cost around a third of the original games value. And contained around a third extra content of the original game. Fair value IMO.

Star wars ultimate is actually 65 extra....

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There are perks and unlocks but the standard weapons are actually pretty good so you don't need them to do well. I get that selling DLC is pretty much the only way to make these games profitable. I still like to bang in Advanced Warfare to get my gun off fix and i've not purchased a single DLC for it yet it's still fun. My real beef in general is with current Gen. consoles needing a constant stream of data in Gb sized updates... that was a few games in my day!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I need to replace my PS4 HDD, to install Battlefront I had to delete a couple of other games as I've pretty much run out of space.

Why they sell a console which isn't equipped with adequate storage to deal with game installs is a mystery to me.

Ah well. Went for it.
aba7e5168598135c7660badadc9722fb.jpg

Installing now. Hope I'm not dissapointed!

Thoughts?
Had a few hours on it last night.

Seems pretty good. I'll reserve judgement till I've played a little more.

Inital thoughts. I can see why some people are dissapointed.
Can't put my finger on it, but something about the gameplay is a little flat and underwhelming for some reason. Combat isn't particularly satisfying and I think they could have implemented the vehicles a bit better.
I'm yet to control an atst, and I don't even know if or how you can. It doesn't inform you how you get to fly a tie fighter etc either. You have to figure it out by accident.
Unlike battlefield, where jets etc You pick at respawn menu. Much easier. In this you stumble upon a tie fighter icon in the field and then activate it.
The hero's are clumsy and pretty awkward feeling in general. Not a fan of that setup really.

Grpahics and environment are superb. Sound is amazing. The star wars world is recreated beautifully.

I've enjoyed what I've played though Tbf. I'd say it's worth a purchase, as it is very cool.
The more I get into it the more I'll enjoy I think.
Not many maps or guns, and you find you use the same all rounder rifle continuously.

I'd say in time it'll develop into a brilliant game, but wether you'd want to spend another 40~50 to get the updates is another issue.

I'll update my views once I've spent more time with it.
I'd say it's worth a go though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Fighter Squadron is good, the dogfights are fun. It's highly satisfying dropping from altitude to chase a Tie Fighter through the canyons in my X Wing.

Fighter Squadron is good, the dogfights are fun. It's highly satisfying dropping from altitude to chase a Tie Fighter through the canyons in my X Wing.
Yeah. The reviews said fighter Squadron was crap..... I enjoyed it!

Was on it for a while and can imagine you could get quite skilled at it!
Good fun [emoji4] [emoji106]

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Worth buying then? I think I'll end up getting it this week coming

Goliath I
I know what you mean about there being something about the gameplay which you can't put your finger on, I was the same playing the Beta.

For me, games like Battlefield, COD etc... The shooting and targeting seems more precise. With Battlefront it just feels like your shooting lasers which are larger than bullets, which makes it feel a bit odd and less accurate... If that makes sense? lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I need to replace my PS4 HDD, to install Battlefront I had to delete a couple of other games as I've pretty much run out of space.

Why they sell a console which isn't equipped with adequate storage to deal with game installs is a mystery to me.
To keep the costs of the units down mainly as the majority of users don't actually get anywhere near to filling their drives. It's not necessarily a money-making exercise by the console manufacturers because the customer is free to add a hard drive from whoever they choose. It's still frustrating for those who do want to have more than a handful of the latest games installed though. I just added a USB 3.0 external 2TB drive to my Xbox One for 60 quid. Job done :)

A SHED!
Played a couple of hours on this. 5/10 for me. Darth vader's voice is actual sh*t? The controls are clunky and I think the whole game could've been thought out better. I mean the hoth level in rogue squadron on the n64 is exactly the same as this version yet the controls are better in a 10year old game over this. It's basically a cash cow for EA. Should've had a campaign/story mode really. Gameplay is flat and there's something just mehr about it.

I've played this for a few hours on PC now and am starting to get fed up with it tbh. After the initial "wow this looks and sound great" It just feels slow and clunky with nothing very satisfying about the core gameplay. Its an awful let down from the initial trailers.
If I had it on PS4/XBOX id be trading it in come the weekend.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The battle of jakkcu is available to download. With bugger all else to play I've been hammering this.
You got it downloading?
I tried this morning after an update but said it wasn't available until the 8th unless you Pre ordered.
Loving the Tie fighter battles.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Any more thoughts on this guys after playing it a bit more?
Worth buying?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed a glitch today since the update.
Playing hero's vs villains as a storm trooper, couldn't use grenades or my powers up until I'd died. Not just the once, but every time I wanted to use it.
Only happened on this game mode so far though. Annoying when a grenade would have killed one of the hero's.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There is no single player campaign, there are a couple of modes you can play on your own.

Any more thoughts on this guys after playing it a bit more?
Worth buying?
I'm quite enjoying it Tbf! Its nowhere near as good as I hoped, and they could have done a better job for sure.
That said, it's still good and I'm still having fun on it.

As it's having a mixed reaction, my advice is just buy it 2nd hand, play it for yourself.
If you don't like it, sell it on for the same price you paid.
Can't lose that way.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've been told that their bringing out a DLC, don't know when though, for a single player campaign - Most probs another £40, money grabbing pr1cks.

No chance. It'll be extra levels and blasters. Won't be a campaign though imo. Maybe some more of the single player/ co-op AI missions. Maybe another game mode too.

They need to concentrate on a single player game though.

Clio 182 - RB
They need to do a single player campaign though, personally i think its poor how they've done it, theres not much to do! Still i like flying the ships [emoji4]

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It's good fun tbh. I only paid £22 as I doubled up some nectar points for it.
Flying the Tie fighters are fun. I've not managed to fly the Millennium Falcon yet though. Not sure how you get it.

Clio 182 - RB
It's good fun tbh. I only paid £22 as I doubled up some nectar points for it.
Flying the Tie fighters are fun. I've not managed to fly the Millennium Falcon yet though. Not sure how you get it.
The blue/red icon things on the ground, its one of them, forgot what it looks like though. There like power up icons.