ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starlet turbo v 172/182

seeing though there racing threads doing the rounds today, though id throw one in the mix.

Has anyone experianced racing a starlet turbo 1.3?

J

jamesy

no but a 172 and 182 will whoop one and i wont hear any different unless the starlet has been messed about with even a valver will do one;)

182 and 5 GTT
Yep std v std and the clio would win comfertably. If the starlet was moddified then bye bye clio.

K20 EG Hatch
got thrashed by one a few weekends ago up brum, but it is deffo, deffo not standard by far!

Bet it dont last long though ;)

J

jamesy

Dan Page said:
got thrashed by one a few weekends ago up brum, but it is deffo, deffo not standard by far!

Bet it dont last long though ;)

id favour there reliability over a moded 5 gtt anyday;)

Pikey Truck
I had a race with one just after i got he cup...

It was the Glanza turbo edition... Pissed all over it!! :rasp:

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
my mate has a glanza.. spent sod all upping the boost, changing exhaust, intercooler and air filter and it can keep with my cammed hybrid!

now i am considering a glanza for my next car.. never heard of one going wrong yet! apart from silly things like people raising boost to silly levels without upgrading the intercooler etc..

Golf 7R
The Glanza V has under its hood a 1331cc DOHC, 4cyl, 4E-FTE engine with a kerb weight of about 940kgs i believe, and has a 0-60 of around 6.8ish so there not slow by any means, quite the sleeper could easily get caught out if you not on guard.

M2 Competition
Had a spat with one the other day, he was spitting flames from his exhaust!

Ate him alive tho, until i got caught up behind another car and he performed a very dangerous undertaking manouver, lol...

I'm not sure about this my friend got an imported starlet and my gosh does that this tear the road up. Only thing is he doesn't know if it is standard or not but his is easily as fast as a 172 / 182 if not faster, as i said as its imported we don't know if it is standard!

Clio 172 mk2
in stirling its starlet turbo city with at least 5 doing the rounds

my 172 can beat them standard and a slight mod

but once they have £££ thrown into them they can give integra type r's
a good chase

quick little cars when done properly but they tend to break after to much modifing

btw, ive had my 172 for a week, and last night i took down dual carriage way i know very well. Its slightly down hill. my last car was a 106GTI and heres the comparison

PUG
chipped, decatted, eccose filter kit
i used to hit a 137mph (on the clock so prob doing 130) at the bottom of the slope

clio mk1 172
standard
i hit 120mph at the bottom of the slope
how you work that one out?

r5 gtt with 172 turbo eng
jamesy said:
id favour there reliability over a moded 5 gtt anyday;)

not being funny mate but with a comment like that you aint got a clue what ur talking bout, the only time cars like the 5 gtt are unreliable is when u get prats jump in them and wind the boost up with no proper setup or correct mods, if the r5 has been maintained and setup propally theres no reason for it to be anymore unreliable than any other car, tbh it gets boring with people like urself cing sum1 in a r5 and sayin " how many times has the headgasket blow ha ha ha" get the facts before you make stupid comments :mad:

jamesy said:
no but a 172 and 182 will whoop one and i wont hear any different unless the starlet has been messed about with even a valver will do one;)
I've chased one race a race circuit with a passenger (the starlet was one up) and kept with it. And I've got a diesel.

CTR EK9 turbo
Mine eats 172's for a midnight snack (hybrid turbo, front mount, exhaust and remap). 860 kg plus over 175 lbft = quite quick. In fact it ate my friend's mk.1 172 when the wastegate was not connected.....lol (it was overboosting, so was hitting 1.4 bar which came in at 5krpm lol regardless of an actuator/wastegate). It's similar pace to my brother's rev3 MR2 turbo with exhaust and filter.

It's for sale if anyone's interested now that i have my ek9.

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
standard they suck, modded they can be rapid, my m8s modding 1 atm, currently RR at around 200 bhp. from a 1.3...

hes putting a 1.5 bottom end on it soon should increase the oturque alot. will be mental

impreza p1
i've got 2 mates with starlets, both have dump valves, air filters and full stainless and i won quite easy, but when there modded properly there bloody fast and will have the clio

RX7, 172, mini & van
Loads kicking round stirling and falkirk there not a problem but a few mods and leave the CS behind, but what pisses me off is all driven by wee boys

MINI JCW
guestieGTI said:
btw, ive had my 172 for a week, and last night i took down dual carriage way i know very well. Its slightly down hill. my last car was a 106GTI and heres the comparison

PUG
chipped, decatted, eccose filter kit
i used to hit a 137mph (on the clock so prob doing 130) at the bottom of the slope

clio mk1 172
standard
i hit 120mph at the bottom of the slope
how you work that one out?

Your 172 is f****d

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mates got one some of the falkirk/stirling guys probably seen it, older shape one black with white wheels.

straight it pulls and pulls on me but not as much as the 172s were on sunday, but corners im actually faster than him (his is standard)