ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter cable gauge? Help please!

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hi,

Relocating the battery to the boot and want to do away with the big fuse near the battery in the standard setup.

The battery will be megafused so no worries there.

Does anyone know the gauge of the cable this is attached to, or the easiest way to find out? I only have 10mm terminals so not sure if I need bigger/smaller.

Cheers.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi,

Relocating the battery to the boot and want to do away with the big fuse near the battery in the standard setup.

The battery will be megafused so no worries there.

Does anyone know the gauge of the cable this is attached to, or the easiest way to find out? I only have 10mm terminals so not sure if I need bigger/smaller.

Cheers.
If you're relocating the battery to the boot you'll need a thicker cable than the original anyway mate. Mines 16mm squared for reference.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
If you're relocating the battery to the boot you'll need a thicker cable than the original anyway mate. Mines 16mm squared for reference.

Thanks, sorry - I am using 25mm2 cable through a longacre connector and 175amp is to put a terminal on the standard wiring in the engine bay so I can connect it to a distribution block with the other cable from the fusebox.