ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter motor?????

Clio 172 Cup
2 weeks ago I went out for a fast drive in my Clio 172 cup, when I parked up I turned the car off then went to start it and I got dash board lights but it just wouldn't start not even a click

So I thought I had over heater the starter motor and burnt it out. So I replaced it lovely jublie no more pushing the Clio it was sweet started on the button

A week on (tonight) take the car out for a fast drive again park it up turn it off go to the garage come bk go to start it dead again same as before dash lights the lot and it bump starts.

Surely the new started isn't f##ked already

Dan

Lionel Richie
i bet it hasn't got a heat sheild on the starter, seen a lot of cups without them (no idea how or why)

Clio 172 Cup
Changed starter motor today. Car starts on the button again. Test the starter and I was f##ker. Was a bosch 1 put on swell