ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starter motors

2005 Impreza WRX STI
car wouldnt start,its not the battery as tried jumping, starter solenoid appears to be working as i can hear a click but nothing happens. Im going to hit it with a hammer tomorrow (im in no rush as dont drive it much) ...failing this, any other recommendations? I think TBH need a new starter (1st time its done it mind) any opinions?

Audi Q7, Avalanche
how did you jump start? ive just wrote a response to a similar question on here, i had this prob with my BMW's for years, sometimes there can be excess battery drain from things like audio systems, alarms etc.. and the battery gets sapped. even if you try a jump start it doesnt work so looks like something major. id suggest trying a trickle charger for a few hours or having a jump start with all the leads connected up and the other cars engine running and then just let it soak up t he juice for 5mins before you try to start yours. could just be the battery isnt having time to soak up enough juice. in my experience you would have some notice that the starter motor is on its way out with dodgey starting, no engagement etc.. rather that all in one go.

2005 Impreza WRX STI
mmmm, i thought that but it normally starts 1st time? the batt isnt flat but symptoms seem like it is fooked because seems ok til u put load on it?? :dapprove:

Audi Q7, Avalanche
like i said sometimes if the battery isnt 100% and there is battery drain it can only take a few hours for it to be drained sufficiently to disable the starter motor. either trickle charge it, buy a new one, or jump it with a constant charge from a another car after 5mins or so.