ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting issues (182)

Black 182 FF
My girlfriend has had a starting issue three times in the last two days where the car has failed to start on three occasisons, then starts and runs fine (once it started ok, ran for five mins then was left and failed to start first time). I've just took it out (the car was warm having failed to start first from cold this morning, then after a five minute run) and it was fine, but what I noticed was an obvious clicking sound from the dash area when I operated the electric windows. The only other time the cars done anything like this was in 2010 when it had been stood for a week when it was snowing and I then used it in sub zero temperatures, think it just needed a bit of a run and the battery charging up.

Last week i done a 160 mile trip and used it whilst on holiday and it never missed a best or had any issues. I done the 160 mile journey back and again it was fine. The car had no issues again until wednsday this week and then everyday since it's struggled to start, then fired up on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt.

This morning I had a go as its not yet done it for me. Again it failed to start, it seemed to be turning over without firing and also losing power as it was turning. Second attempt and it done the same. Third attempt it seemed to splutter a bit and started to fire, then the car started and ran ok. There's been no running issues apart from starting from cold. It's on its original battery, coil pack and leads, had plugs about 8 months ago. I'm not sure where to start, might check the voltage of the battery later to see what's happening there.

Black 182 FF
Cheers for the replies. I'm thinking of buying a battery anyway seeing as it's the original and the first time it happened I heard the clicking noise. Any particular batteries to avoid or preferred?

Black 182 FF
Ah I get you. She tried that this morning and it started fine, but it's been an intermittent issue so I'll keep an eye on it.