ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting issues asuming dodgey earth or imobiliser issue ? help

172 turbo
Need help , basically started on sat night went to start the car and just turned over and did not prime , so locked car and unlocked again and tried to see if imob was playing up no luck , then came back 15 min lata and it started , now the main issue was last night i went to turn the key and the whole dash had a fit with flashing and making a whining noise also my wipers mover a stage when i turn the key so could this be a earthing issue doubt its battery also fitted new head unit any know got ideas ?

clio 172
I had exactly the same problem mate,turned out to be a dodgy earth,theres two earths next to the battery I cleaned the earth point near the headlight that the battery lead goes to and its been fine ever since yours might be the same

172 turbo
how did you clean it mate and sorry where are the 2 ? just follow wires from pos to earth and neg to earth explain thanks?

clio 172
If you follow the negative lead down it goes down to earth points on the chassis leg which sit near the back of the headlight,clean the one thats closest to the battery the bolt will probably be seized aswell mine took a bit of getting off.i just cleaned the end of the terminal that the bolt goes through with sand paper and wirebrushed the bolt till it was shiny,not had a problem with mine since