ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting issues

04 Monaco Blue 172
tryed the search function but didnt get what i was after:(

leaving the car overnight, and i get in to drive to work, it fires on the first turn of the key but..........

if i get to work 10 minutes later, switch it off and then try to start it after a short period of time, it wont start on the first turn of the key

its almost like its not getting the fuel until a few turns

not a major issue, but i would like to get rid of it

is ther anything i can do to get rid of the problem or does anyone know whats up with it?

im going to service it in a few weeks with oil, filters and plugs etc so that may help

what about cleaning the throttle body?

cheers for the help :)

So it's having trouble starting only when warm? What happens when it won't start does it just turn over but not fire or nothing at all?

04 Monaco Blue 172
it turns over but doesnt fire

it also wont start first time sometimes when its been sat outside my work all day for 9 hours

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
I've heard something similar a while ago on here, a common problem something to do with a lazy fuel pump or starter motor? I cant remember which. I know its not much but it might help to search for those and see if it turns anything up?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

EDIT* Something that just sprang to mind aswell: Try turning the key but not to start it, wait till all lights are off on the dash then try starting.

I've heard something similar a while ago on here, a common problem something to do with a lazy fuel pump or starter motor? I cant remember which. I know its not much but it might help to search for those and see if it turns anything up?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

EDIT* Something that just sprang to mind aswell: Try turning the key but not to start it, wait till all lights are off on the dash then try starting.

That would indicate a fuel problem if it cured it.

04 Monaco Blue 172
ok fellas,

tryed turning the key until the lights went out and it still didnt fire first time

could it be the battery? blocked injectors? or fuel not getting to the injectors?