ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting Problems

Storm Grey 200
So my clio has been having difficultys starting, from cold, in the mornings. After reading loads of posts on this on the forum i changed my TDC sensor. Although that hasnt helped. My local garage is flooded, so does anyone have any ideas what else it could be? Im going to try filling it up with high octane fuel and see if it starts better, as this could help detirmine if its something to do with the fuel injectors not giving it enough.

Any thoughts chaps?

BMW E92/Audi S3
mine had the same problem.. hasnt done it in ages, but now ive just jynxed it.. but anyway.. i keep turning the key quickly and voilah... cant be good for the spark plugs though.

mine is the same now, only from col aswell just like Nick :( I've got a new battery in mine aswell so its not that. Think it could be the starter motor... Is there anything I can do before I start wasting my money on things that already work in my car lol

Storm Grey 200
I think its a problem on our engines, i have changed plugs and tdc sensor, i think its the fuel injectors so im going to put high octane fuel in next time and see if it helps, then i will know, maybe. Mine has got a little better since changing the tdc so its worth changing it as its only £20 and a 10min job

172 MKII FF
I think its a problem on our engines, i have changed plugs and tdc sensor, i think its the fuel injectors so im going to put high octane fuel in next time and see if it helps, then i will know, maybe. Mine has got a little better since changing the tdc so its worth changing it as its only £20 and a 10min job

Nick-89, did you have to buy the new wiring loom. I have read the new TDC sensors have a new loom as well and don't really want to go spending £50 on loom and sensor.

Storm Grey 200
I didnt bother getting a new wiring loom. Didnt see the point, the TDC sensor is fine now, its just a number of other things that are wrong with my car, ha. I managed to stop it from breaking in the rain tho, the loom to the ECU was stripped to the wire, wrap some inner tube around it job done.

172 MKII FF
I didnt bother getting a new wiring loom. Didnt see the point, the TDC sensor is fine now, its just a number of other things that are wrong with my car, ha. I managed to stop it from breaking in the rain tho, the loom to the ECU was stripped to the wire, wrap some inner tube around it job done.

Where about can I find the ECU loom on a phase 2 172? I would just like to check mine.

Clio mk4 1.5dci
I`m not the only one, i`ve got the exact same problem & mines just done 24k. I used to use 95 octane petrol but I switched to 98 & it still plays up, but not as much. The main problem I seem to have is getting started regardless of weather conditions & sometimes it seems to overfuel & nearly stall when it does it start & it`s cut out a couple of times while travelling. I geared down to get to the lights before they changed! except I went into 3rd & just touched the throttle & that was it. Oh & it idles rough as well.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
Already did them aswell...
did you do thease b4 it started as i changed my sporks and after a month or so it started to have difficulty starting, it was the wrong type of plugs, yet the guy who i got em of said it be fine, clios are very particular cars... then again standard clio plugs are top notch any way